Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Louisiana roll call

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    1106 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That is about the size we used.

Good luck.

Johnny

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    1106 times
    Truth, I looked at a recent areal photo of Chalmette, and boy has it grown. The areal view shows a place you may be able to get to. If you come down Paris Rd, turn right onto Judge Perez then go to Arabi. At the city line, there is a canal on the right side there was a tire place. Behind the tire place was a ball park, with access to the northern most point of Jackson's Line. Also the site of Yankee camps. When I was a kid, some others found a tripod of rusty rifles. I never saw them, but they probably Civil War muskets. Also looking at Latour's Map, Jackson's line did extend way beyond the park. My house was the site of one of two British Gun Emplacement, as best as I can figure, no wonder we found cannon balls, they were one of the first to be taken out.

Good Luck,

Johnny
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Aug 09, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    21691 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 45th_Johnny View Post
    Truth, I looked at a recent areal photo of Chalmette, and boy has it grown. The areal view shows a place you may be able to get to. If you come down Paris Rd, turn right onto Judge Perez then go to Arabi. At the city line, there is a canal on the right side there was a tire place. Behind the tire place was a ball park, with access to the northern most point of Jackson's Line. Also the site of Yankee camps. When I was a kid, some others found a tripod of rusty rifles. I never saw them, but they probably Civil War muskets. Also looking at Latour's Map, Jackson's line did extend way beyond the park. My house was the site of one of two British Gun Emplacement, as best as I can figure, no wonder we found cannon balls, they were one of the first to be taken out.

Good Luck,

Johnny
    Johnny this couldn't of happen at a better time. I've been getting discouraged and losing that drive. I was just telling my wife I need a new spot to give me that rush I've been chasing and I was telling her when I got on TNET and now you tell me this. Hell I'll go out the tomorrow! I'm gonna get on google earth to see where your talking about and I'll get back with you later if I have any questions. Once again thank you for being so thoughtful and helping out a fellow die hard detectorist who's well is running dry but a stranger at that. Thanks buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    1106 times
    Chalmette Battlefield: Battle Of New Orleans -- Sightseeing with Google Satellite Maps
    Hear is the sight for the areal view.

When you are driving down Judge Perez if you get to Perrine Drive, you went to far. Turn right on Perrine and take the next right and after you cross take a right.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    21691 times
    Metal Detecting
    Chalmette Battlefield: Battle Of New Orleans -- Sightseeing with Google Satellite Maps
    Hear is the sight for the areal view.

When you are driving down Judge Perez if you get to Perrine Drive, you went to far. Turn right on Perrine and take the next right and after you cross take a right.
    Rain again tomorrow uggggh. This is getting ridiculous and of course when I want to take a large look at what you sent my laptop isn't turning on for some reason.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    1106 times
    That is Louisiana for you, it is summer time the standard forecast is for afternoon thunder showers, from April to October. If Sidney Torres Park is still off Judge Perez behind the auditorium or Police Jury Complex you can get there from the parking lots. If you find any golf balls, I probably drove them there. Remember when the ground is wet, signals are magnified.

Johnny

P.S. If you can find your way to behind Andrew Jackson high School you may find some Civil War stuff.
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Aug 09, 2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    21691 times
    Metal Detecting

Louisiana roll call

That is Louisiana for you, it is summer time the standard forecast is for afternoon thunder showers, from April to October. If Sidney Torres Park is still off Judge Perez behind the auditorium or Police Jury Complex you can get there from the parking lots. If you find any golf balls, I probably drove them there. Remember when the ground is wet, signals are magnified.

Johnny

P.S. If you can find your way to behind Andrew Jackson high School you may find some Civil War stuff.
    Yeah the park is there still I actually know Sidney Jr personally his brother Tony was my best man at my wedding (RIP). I actually went to that park a while back and it looked liked he had it totally redone very manicured. My uncle lived in the Parish until Katrina.

Last edited by Truth1253; Aug 09, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    1106 times
    I know Sidney Torres the attorney, about 70 years old. Knew his mother Lina and his father Sidney, all of my life. You probably know his sons. P.M. me your uncle's name and I will send you my name.

P.S. The area east of the Chalmette National Cemetery, that was once part of the Kaiser plant was the site of the Confederate Line. By the time I was allowed to leave my house as a child the area was all ready fenced in, and i was not allowed to go there. Some of the older kids told me about it. There was all kinds of junk left over from the CW, and large pits of some kind of liquid waist from the refinery there also. The last I heard they had turned into some kind of industrial park, not sure.

Johnny
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Aug 10, 2017 at 05:58 PM. Reason: P.S.
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    Detectorist

Apr 2018
    Iberville Parish, Louisiana
    Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max / Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    961 times
    Iberville Parish here.
    Anyone hunting nearby lookin for a partner let me know.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
    2168 times
    Relic Hunting
    Still learning what all T-net has to offer and finally stumbled on this thread, anyhow I'm from Washington Parish, I live between Franklinton Louisiana and Tylertown, Mississippi literally on the La/Ms Stateline. I love anything dealing with history and I've been detecting for 20+ years. Hope to hear from some of y'all soon and possibly one day we can do a little swinging and digging... "D"
    buck8point likes this.

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO "Indian Creek Historical Society"

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    21691 times
    Metal Detecting
    I know Sidney Torres the attorney, about 70 years old. Knew his mother Lina and his father Sidney, all of my life. You probably know his sons. P.M. me your uncle's name and I will send you my name.

P.S. The area east of the Chalmette National Cemetery, that was once part of the Kaiser plant was the site of the Confederate Line. By the time I was allowed to leave my house as a child the area was all ready fenced in, and i was not allowed to go there. Some of the older kids told me about it. There was all kinds of junk left over from the CW, and large pits of some kind of liquid waist from the refinery there also. The last I heard they had turned into some kind of industrial park, not sure.

Johnny
    Yeah Johnny I know his boys his youngest Tony was my best man at my wedding. I still talk to Sidney every blue moon.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links