OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EODsweeper said:
I'm down to put something together. You guys tell me when and where ill be there.

Ok. I'm going to start looking around for somewhere we can hunt together. Gator01 you do the same. It will be at 3 weeks before i do hunt on a weekend due to prior plans and work. I am going to try to track down some farmers and see if we can hunt their fields. . Will start private messaging in the future

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be about 5 weeks before I have a free Saturday. I am free most Sundays. Send me a pm and we can get it all together.

batmat1028

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2008
Mandeville LA
Detector(s) used
White MXT, Tesoro Cibola
Hey guys. I am stuck in Metairie for the next year on my job. I have my MXT with me and would love to meet some other md folks and get in a hunt sometime during the weekend. I have my own transportation, so i would be willing to travel north if thats where you all end up doing a hunt. I have been out a few times down here in New Orleans, but am limited since i dont know the area. Let me know!

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eman2112 said:
River Ridge, La. Here. Anybody else in my area?

Where's river ridge?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm between Baton Rouge & Slidell...close to Hammond.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cagintransplant said:
In Covington

We have alot of hunters out there. Glad to see all the responses. I know most people probably post their finds on the main forum but if we could try to remember to post them on this state forum it would be great . I think it could help all of us get to know one another better and possibly help each other out with questions . Just a thought . Happy Hunting !

zombiefiend

Jun 23, 2012
New Llano, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in New Llano outside of Fort Polk. I'm FINALLY getting my metal detector with taxes, yay! Anyways, I've already got 3 places I'm planning on looking so far, my own property and my awesome neighbors being the first so far. lol. We've been here a year and I've been reading up on laws and all sorts of old maps and "buried treasure, Lost treasure" stories. From what I understand of the laws of the state, you can't MD on a historic spot, you can't remove something from a spot if it's possible of it being historic at all, and you can't hunt on State land? is that right? Any other laws or things I need to know about before I start hunting?

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zombiefiend said:
I'm in New Llano outside of Fort Polk. I'm FINALLY getting my metal detector with taxes, yay! Anyways, I've already got 3 places I'm planning on looking so far, my own property and my awesome neighbors being the first so far. lol. We've been here a year and I've been reading up on laws and all sorts of old maps and "buried treasure, Lost treasure" stories. From what I understand of the laws of the state, you can't MD on a historic spot, you can't remove something from a spot if it's possible of it being historic at all, and you can't hunt on State land? is that right? Any other laws or things I need to know about before I start hunting?

You can't hunt in any state parks. If you find any "treasure", it us best to keep quiet about it, otherwise you have to split it with the state then pay state and federal taxes on your share if there's any left when the gets their share first. Also, i was told you can't hunt any waterways that are listed as historic. This would probably include the red river

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread