Louisiana roll call

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monroe here. work in winnsboro. New to this. Love it but very frustrating. reading the rules and regs of this state is very discouraging. I was hoping or looking to hit some swimming areas and or parks but seems like everything is forbidden. anyone know of anything close by.

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I'm really not sure. Just what I read online. I'm new to md. Just trying to find good public places to go.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
I go to schools on the weekends and parks during the week as well as local beaches... Never had a problem... Just make sure to cover your holes and leave no trash behind, sometimes you can use the trash you find to your advantage showing how you are helping to clean the place up

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I'm a newbie but I know to cover my holes well. I appreciate the info. Also will take a garrett's hand digging tool. And not a sharp shooter shovel. People freak out over any type shovel. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shovels aren't bad as long as you can't tell you just dug a hole . I use a shovel at the antebellum homes I hunt with no problems . You are in a good area to hunt farm fields , GET PERMISSION and walk or drive on the turn roads and look for something shiny on the ground. That's were you want to hunt. If you need anything just ask. Add me as a friend and I'll help you any way I can

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know how ya feel about us poor louisiana boys. Get to know some of your fellow detectorist and I'm sure you can find a few of us that are trustworthy and respectful to each other. I know I have after being on this site for over a year now. I've made some very good friends through this web site and a couple others and it has paid off to me because now after they have got to know me they hardly ever make a hunt without me anymore. This was a great help to me. They showed me several ways I didn't know to research areas and have been very good friends in general. Just treat them with the same respect as you would want and you'll be fine. If ya ever in the Alexandria area PM me and we can try and schedule a detecting trip.

signals diggem all... LaGold

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to find people to detect with but have had no luck. It is understandably hard to get anyone to open up and have a little faith in humanity. I would like to branch out and meet other people doing the same thing and I am willing to drive if any of you are willing to give me a chance and let me tag along. I am 30+ yrs old, retired military, licensed plumber, and current senior in college. That should give you an idea about the kind of person I am. Please PM me if you are interested in helping me out.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plumbcrazy thanks for serving sir , sorry about what oblammer is doing to the country you fought for.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laplace here using minelab 705 looking for places to hunt doing city park in New Orleans soon.

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Laplace here using minelab 705 looking for places to hunt doing city park in New Orleans soon.

I hear they are still finding silver there, that's awesome.....I found my first silver dime,1941, last Monday at one of ours here in Lake Charles....good luck!!!!

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008
Live in Gretna, Near Member "Ray". Like Ray had said before, Gretna is a stones throw South from New Orleans. We have a good group that tries to get out when we can. Going out tomorrow and enjoy this weather doing one of my favorite hobbies.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off this tuesday thru thrusday looking for places to hunt near laplace

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Went to Holly Beach yesterday near Cameron...... I was very suprised...... nothing there, very few pull tabs and very little clad...... Going to hit an old school after church.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread