Louisiana roll call

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, Carencro here. i am a newbie to this though. looking to join a group that meets and hunts. got a boat, truck and retired...lets get together
Welcome to Tnet and the hobby. This is a good place to get advice and tips about detecting. It can be hard to get into a group, I recommend you start researching your area for historical sites to hunt. If you are able to find some good places to hunt with permission, then you can invite people to hunt with you. Best of luck.

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are clubs in Lafayette. I would think you guys shouldn't have much trouble finding someone to detect with... I'm in the Alexandria area and I have some CW spots if you guys are ever in the area I could possibly bring you out to make a few finds

signals diggem all... LaGold

bone collector

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in stmartinville about 15minutes from Lafayette got old spots (family property) always have room for tag alongs

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bone collector you'll get some tag alongside on here, but watch out for the moochers. They will use you for your spots and never invite you to their spots.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why I fly solo or at the most two other friends, hate to impose on other folks site because you will get the "moocher" label when I have no "hot spots" to offer.

bone collector

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you kshollywood I've been on a couple hunts with you and lagold and diggin and can't forget about ole Preston y'all are some good guys had a bunch of fun if it wasn't for Preston helping me out and showing me the way I would've probably given up on this hobby guess what I'm trying to say is I like meeting new people and try to help them the way I was helped but you are also right on the money about moochers . If y'all ever my way hit me up!!! And thank y'all for the previous hunts and civil war relics

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No problem, I love group hunts also it's just I've been used and I'm just always on the defense now. Nothing against anyone but I was warned and didn't listen, they got me but never again.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jharhed what I mean is people telling you they will take you to their spots , then they go with you and you never hear from them again. If you are honest and tell me you have no spots that's different. I'm friends with LaGold and he had ZERO spots when I met him. And I've taken him to my HONEY HOLE before

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Kevin thats understandable

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for someone to help hunt or research this site need laplace I used Google Earth but couldn't find any thing.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140205_155649.png
    ForumRunner_20140205_155649.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 129
  • ForumRunner_20140205_155716.png
    ForumRunner_20140205_155716.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 128

QueenTraci

Greenie
Feb 1, 2013
I'm still trying to find a good spot. Moved from Florida two years ago and am having a hard time. I know the laws here are different here but what about public parks? I have been trying to locate the old swimming hole at Chargois Springs. If I go to Heymann Park, will I get harassed? If anyone has any info or experience there, I would love to hear about it!

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin (kshollywood),you can go with me anytime you want. Its kinda like deer hunting. You can get a group of hunters together to protect their gun ownership or hunting rights,But, dont get close to one of ems hunting spot.
Dont know who did you wrong, but youre still one of my buds.
John

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008
I'm in the New Orleans area, and anyone is more than welcome to join me anytime to go to the spots I hunt. I believe there is no such thing as "hunted out", unless your in a really small spot. Also, people that keep their "honey holes" a secret are usually Jack-a$@&, so your better off not hunting with someone like that. I look at this hobby like football, "any given Sunday" you can find awesome things, research helps, but the bottom line is you have to be on the right place, and sometimes the right time. HH

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John it was a guy from another site, he was bragging about all of his finds and one day called me up and invited me to go with him, then he called me back and said his awesome spot was occupied for the weekend and asked if he could go with me, with promises on his spot in the future. It's been almost 2 years with no phone call or invite. Then on a forum he told everyone he invited me. When I called him out on it he apologized and told me he would invite me in the future. I told him no thanks I learned my lesson

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah he's defiantly not talkin about me guys me and Kshollywood are great friends and detect together almost every weekend. We are careful about some places that we take certain people until we know them better.

signals diggem all... LaGold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread