OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I knew there was more hunters out there. I hunted an old site yesterday for 3-4 hours but didn't recover anything worth keeping. Has anyone found any keepers lately. I'm in West Monroe

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
Found my first 3 wheat pennies on tues. The oldest was 1919. Been on 3-4 stale hunts since then.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i found on my hunt was a horseshoe. And thats the biggest horseshoe i've seen. What kind of area are you hunting in?

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Mississippi now, but Louisiana is my home state (EUNICE). How bout dem Tigers! :)

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
Lately a small park in my neighborhood. I go new places but always seem to end up at my same honey hole. The local swim spot is hunted out till summer comes again. I'm not the only one hunting that spot. I really want to hunt some old land but don't have access to any.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EODsweeper, you are not far from Alex which is very old and natchitoches which is one of the oldest towns in this part of the country. Ive been hunting in jackson parish lately, which is my current "honey hole" if thats what you call it. I'm more of a coin hunter, cache dreamer. I have several places in mind but will have to track down the land-owners and try to get permission

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
I'm about 45 minutes from both of those towns. Sad to say I have yet to hunt either of them. I really need to venture out further on my hunts.

ivyjohn

Feb 4, 2013
Satsuma, La.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an idea for those who need land to hunt; research an area of land that has potential for old house sites, camp sites, areas where there was traffic in the old days, HUNTING CLUB LEASES. They usually have hundreds or thousands of acres. Join the club!! Then you have a place to hunt, even establish a base camp to stay at. Remember, all you need is a good place to get you going. I once found a large 1/2 penny laying in the road on top of the ground in a hunting club IN THE WIDE OPEN. Rain finally washed away enough clay to expose it. Old roads means OLD Trails. Good luck.

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
I appreciate the advice. I'm getting a pin pointer soon and am hoping having it will make finding my targets easier. I've got bad back problems and this is about the only hobby I can still do.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joining a hunting club is really a good idea if you think about it. I might have look further into it. I'm gonna try to hunt this friday or coming monday. Hope i can post some finds!

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
It would be pretty sweet if the let you out there for free since your not hunting what they are hunting.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or even if they asked for like a $50.00 fee or similar. It would be a win/win situation for both parties

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
I would think hunting leases cost more than that to join. But like I said your not there to hunt their animals.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Monroe. Done lots of research on this area and get no permission to hunt or, its either concreted over or a business is built on top of the spot... The old Fort Miro area, forget it. Ive even found several old homesites from the early 1800s along the river, but no one wants you on their property. Its really discouraging. Ive found a few oldish pieces of silver in Forsythe park.
Really have given thought to just selling all my equipment. Gets tiring of reading, reading and then get turned away, once you find something thats interesting.
lol, dont let me get ya down. Its a fun hobby,just frustrating now days.
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread