Gravity

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Mandeville, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was tossing my magnet along the seawall with my daughter this weekend. We decided to go out along the longest pier and toss into the channel. We pulled numerous fishing knives and sundry items. The 3rd toss revealed an item about 20 feet out that seemed stuck. My process is to give an item 3 times and then, if it doesn't come out of the mud, I move on. This item began to move on the 3rd try and it was a stainless S&W .357 with a 6 inch barrel. I will post a photo later but it was in the water for a while and the rubber grips were split but it was in fair condition. We fished for a bit more and then closed up shop and turned the weapon into Mandeville PD for ....research? I guess I can get it back if it is deemed abandoned? Seems like i would have a right to it via salvage laws?

That's what I found,

Gravity

Attachments

• IMG_6888.JPG
    IMG_6888.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 288

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
dude that is sweet :weee:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody threw that one in the lake to cover their tracks... or at least that makes for an interesting story line.

Well done sir!

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravity, I purchased one on Gunbroker Auctions, from a Police Department. It was tied to three homicides and thrown into a river. I named the gun "Exhibit A". It cleaned up quite nicely, but it was in fresh not salt water. If you get it back you could call yours "The Catch of The Day." Anyway it is a great find.

OP
OP
G

Gravity

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Mandeville, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I figured it was probably disposed of. It had been there too long to belong to be associated with the fire chief's wife incident, or at least it seemed that way.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravity, I have a relative over your way who said she just started magnet fishing, is that a coincident or what?

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I live in mandeville and frequently go to the lakefront, was told about this from a young kid the other day but want sure if was true or not lol well I guess it’s true !

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find Gravity, it'll be interesting to see what they find out about the weapon when they send it off for analysis. Oh, you may be on to something regarding the Ex-Fire Chief's incident. Good job!!! "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread