Looking for my stolen high school class ring

Oct 23, 2020
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning!

I am looking for my high school class ring. It was stolen & pawned in 2010. Location can be anywhere in the Greater New Orleans to SE La.
I graduated from Destrehan High School in 1997.

Ring Description: It is a silver band with FCA cross on one side and a wildcat on the other side. My name is inscribed on the inside of the band. The gem is garnet (class color) with a sunburst facet cut.

Thank you.

PS. Classringfinder.com shut down since I don't know when. I didn't have any luck there.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning!

I am looking for my high school class ring. It was stolen & pawned in 2010. Location can be anywhere in the Greater New Orleans to SE La.
I graduated from Destrehan High School in 1997.

Ring Description: It is a silver band with FCA cross on one side and a wildcat on the other side. My name is inscribed on the inside of the band. The gem is garnet (class color) with a sunburst facet cut.

Thank you.

PS. Classringfinder.com shut down since I don't know when. I didn't have any luck there.

Welcome to the board! I hate to hear your ring was stolen. I hope you're able to find it. I don't know that our treasure hunting community can help much with a stolen ring. Now lost ring.....we could probably help.

Good luck in your search!

OO

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey my friend I detect New Orleans and the North Shore and if it was stolen then I don’t know what we could do if it was lost somebody might be able to help you. Unfortunately if somebody stole it and pawned it then you should call up pawnshops in your area before it’s melted down. I hope everything works out for you.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Good advice from Don. In my experience, most stolen jewelry gets unloaded ASAP. Here in Connecticut, the pawnshops have very strict regulations which makes tracing stolen jewelry much easier. Most follow the rules which includes copying photo ID of the seller as well as photos of the property. Once the shop gets burned by an individual (meaning the police seize stolen property and the pawn shop loses out) they ban that seller from the shop.
So now the thieves bring it to a “gold and silver” dealer (they aren’t as regulated as pawn shops) where the stones get popped and the precious metals get melted down almost immediately, making it impossible to identify.
I wish you luck but I’d be very surprised if you’re able to get it back.
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread