LOUISIANA FINDS

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some from last week end . Alot of wheats also we have found a few silver coins ( walker half , two silver quarters four dimes , three Mercs and one rosey ) mostly in the 30s & 40s...Some marbles a tootsey toy car,two w.w.1 coat buttons, and a few tax tokens ...The pics are of my finds there are two of us hunting...

DSC02638.jpg

DSC02646.jpg

DSC02639.jpg

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow! Thanks for the pics! You're doing great. Don't you hate it when the soil eats half the coin? >:( >:( LOVE the little car. Am not sure what some of the other items are, but maybe others will comment on them... Good job! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for posting! -Noodle

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks

I also have some from yesterday that I haven't cleaned up Yet... And will Probably find more tomorrow.. I hope.. ;D

Now its your turn!!!!!! 8)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace,

Those are some super nice finds...tax tokens too. Dang, I'm coming to hunt with you!! ;D

:wink: RR

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well looks like I am the only one finding anything ? I should hope not...... ::)

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted a small lot in town the house was moved some time ago 15 min. of hunting and here are my finds.

DSC02650.jpg

This was interesting......

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

this is whats on the back...

DSC02656.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome find! Did you try researching the companies? It's been so hot lately & we need rain...I hope I can get to hunt with you soon.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I haven't had any luck Yet...... someone sent me a PM to e-mail a friend that collects. Maby he will know?

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here is what I found out........

Your last set of pictures worked this time ... its an interesting FOB ... I (and you I am sure) wish you had found it many years earlier so the condition would be much better ... but also lucky you dug it when you did ... interesting piece.

Many General Stores, Mercantiles, Tavern/Saloons, Dairy, Hotels ... and other businesses had Watch FOBs made up and gave them out to good customers for advertising. This is one from that way of doing business.

In the condition its in I'd say its about a $15 FOB ... in excellant condition it'd be in the $50-$60 range to the right collector. Your note said you not interested to sell/trade -- just to find out information and approximate value of the item ... I hope this note helps you.

I've had similar (but not this one) FOBs like that with interesting pictorals on it ... the condition makes a large difference in the value.

I'd say the timeframe of when this FOB was issued and used would be around the 1905-1920 era.

Best to you and yours -- I hope this information has been of some value to you

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Findley got back to hunt between the rains... :( It was stop and go for a moment there... so heres the take sofar..... ;D

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

One of the best days I have had in a long time ... and got soaking wet..... 8) I think I will take another pain pill...... ;D

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds! Wish it wasn't so hot! Nice inspiration!

Steve

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks ..... the place was bulldozed with the first four to six inches of top soil removed .... and there is still a pile of trees in the middle that will be moved ( I can't wait ) before they start construction. All the stuff dated in the late 40s to 50s..... and the heat is killing me also.......

Ace.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, look at it this way.....they got the top soil off for you so maybe you can really do some good. How many times do we wish we could find the same circumstances at places we hunt, especially with all the pop tops skimed off! A friend of mine and I searched an area I knew in the past had some civil war relics found. I had wanted to search that place for 25 years and finally got to do it. They cut off about 10 inches of topsoil and did a beautiful job. Man, we couldn't wait. Did it pay off......no, but at least I knew that there wasn't anything too good left there anymore. Good luck on your dig!!

Steve ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow, pretty stuff, Ace250! Congrats!

Here in my neighborhood I see farmers take their fairly level land and have it totally leveled, which takes the topsoil off the slightly higher areas and redistributes it to the lower areas. Unless you're going to grow a rice crop, which requires level land with flooding, to me (and this is personal) the topsoil is too valuable to toss here and there, removing it from some areas totally. Believe it or not, that leaves some areas totally without topsoil, which is very valuable and enriched for growing crops.

True, it does expose lower grounds for exploration and sometimes some treasures (coins/metals/etc.) are found, but I disagree with the environmental aspects of it. Those areas are then required to be enriched artificially. Which in the end requires the farmer to spend thousands of $$ to "entice" that scraped land with many chemicals and waters to produce again.

Noodle

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Noodle ......... The lot will be paved over when they start to build I was suprized when the company let us hunt ( As long as there was no equptment out there ) I also found a lot of marbles. pieces of copper and cast iron old brick and stuff . There are three big old oaks on the lot also I hope they keep them.....

Ace.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Graycloud.

It sure looks like he dancing on a hot plate doesn't it!!! I'll probably change to something else for a while but it's too hot outside to think right now!

Steve

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I found a KILLER merc when I was at the LBH. I don't have any pictures of it anymore since my computer crashed and I lost everything.... :'(

But it was a nice Dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread