DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I have been hitting a corn field for a few weeks , Last week found two crotal bells in a certain area.
So last Saturday in the middle of hunting season I went to the same spot after we had rain the day before.
Ground was still very muddy. I would say about five minutes after i started swinging with my Tejon. I get a solid hit and sounded not to deep either.
To my complete amazement out pops something green and round! Had my camera with me so started filming it, I was so excited put it in my hand started taking the dirt out and I could see a bust but could not make out the date. I put it in my pouch and started off again. I didn't care if I didn't find anything the rest of the day because I knew I had found my first large cent. Then all of a sudden another good hit but this one sounded deep. I started digging a good deep hole and start using my pin pointer and look over other side of the hole and there it was, another green large cent!
I was so amazed that I found 2 of them within a half an hour! Anyway to make the story short my first one was a draped bust 1802 large cent! The second one was very toasted but able to see the date a 1836 LC..

IMG_1403.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtTGuy

DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ooops yup type o.. 1802 is right

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling your oldest coin. :occasion14: You got me beat. My oldest is an 1812 coin.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find :icon_thumleft:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking good nice find !

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beautiful old DB. Looks to be in pretty nice shape.
My one and only DB is an 1807. It;s in similar shape as yours. In my book if you can read the date it's a great one.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great one indeed and in pretty good shape too. Congrats! Noticed you're in Maine, so it's possible you find older coin. Good luck!

strongarm18

Apr 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, I'm heading up there this summer to see my family in York. Any suggestions?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions