First time out.

mazarelo

Oct 3, 2008
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After trying to find time the past few years to start this hobby, I finally got out
for the first time this past Friday. I went to Patterson Park for about 3 hours.
I didn't really know what I was doing, and forgot to switch to pinpoint, it was
a lot of work and I have a lot to learn. I did have fun though. The detector is
a Sovereign GT.

Attachments

• 0992.jpg
    0992.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 601
  • 0993.jpg
    0993.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 574
  • 0994.jpg
    0994.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 612

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Good deal. I've been to Patterson the last 2 times out and haven't turned up anything that good. In fact, I haven't even pulled a wheatie out of there. I think I need to try a different area of the park. That 1808 cent is really nice. How deep was it? Are all the other coins pictured clad?

OP
OP
M

mazarelo

Oct 3, 2008
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All clad but 2 wheats. The East India coin was about 5" deep. I'm going
to try to go back next week, this time with my detector setup right, and
with a little more knowledge.

Brendoodl

Feb 22, 2008
mazarelo,
Hey I live in Baltimore County and would love to hit Patterson park with you. I have a buddy who I go out with now and we have been talking aabout going there to do some MD'ing. Great finds for you first time out. I dont have alot of experience either so our levels would not be too far off. I tellyou what though, I have been doing Md'ing for about 2 years now and it has become very addicting. great fun though.
Brendan

OP
OP
M

mazarelo

Oct 3, 2008
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when can you get out? Right now, I'm only able to get out one day during the week, no weekends
at the moment. I have the week of the 17th off, maybe we could meet up at the park.

Brendoodl said:
mazarelo,
Hey I live in Baltimore County and would love to hit Patterson park with you. I have a buddy who I go out with now and we have been talking aabout going there to do some MD'ing. Great finds for you first time out. I dont have alot of experience either so our levels would not be too far off. I tellyou what though, I have been doing Md'ing for about 2 years now and it has become very addicting. great fun though.
Brendan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread