Ellicott City Oella Area

Rickslawmd

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved into a log house. The main part of the house was built around 1808 or so. No one really knows but all of the nails used are square and it's of the same look as the 1807 log house in Ellicott City. I took my 10yo boy out back for some treasure hunting. We are using a Garrett AT Pro and a lower price Garrett. I'm very new at it and this is the first time this year I broke the detectors out. All over the tree line out back near the stream it's crazy with hits. Most everything is between 6 and 10 inches down. In one hole I found an old cap to a bottle or some kind of engine. The cap registered as a $1 or my detector. In another hole I found a square nail and an Axe head. We started digging another hole and it's something large and metal that registers in the .50 range. It's rusted and looks like some kind of metal grate but I need a bigger shovel to get it out. I have attached a picture of what we located. The area is fertile with stuff. Anyone that wants to come out during the weeks and do some treasure hunting should email me. I'm always looking for friends that can teach me a thing or two about medal detecting. I am attaching a few pictures one of the nails in the walls of my house and the other is what I found so far in about 30 minutes in the backyard.

find.jpg log.jpeg room.jpeg nails.jpeg

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
I noticed this was your very first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA). Sure wish I lived close to ya - I would hook up ASAP!

OP
OP
R

Rickslawmd

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I wish you did too.. I hope there is someone that wants to explore here and maybe teach me a little about hunting...

OP
OP
R

Rickslawmd

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome...Yea I'm new here...

slomoe

Dec 24, 2008
Baltimore, Md.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasurenet rickslawmd and thank you for inviting those who will, to dig your site and show you something about this grand hobby. I'm about 45 minutes from your site. Send me a PM with your contact information please. Thank You, slomoe

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Send Me a PM, I'm a water hunter but would do a visit and talk. I'm in Severna Park And at one time did hunt the dirt in Laurel just a few miles south of you. I'll bring a Minelab and hunt, then you can check the targets behind me.. you dig and keep the treasure, That way you can learn....any water in your back yard, then I will need to get my feet wet for a few seconds if so...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread