What the...???

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Below are finds from a trail which I believe was a section of the Old Colony RailRoad Line here in Marshfield, MA.

I have no idea what they are but the detector was beeping its guts out. Anyone? They're all HEAVY.

I'm sure they're junk, I just can't stand not knowing!

THANK YOU in advance for any help. (The quarter is just for scale.) :notworthy:

Annie-10.jpg
Annie-01.jpg Annie-04.jpg
Annie-07.jpg Annie-09.jpg
Annie-12.jpg

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Annie,

Can't help with the ID, just want to warn you DO NOT hunt on RR property! Unless the right of way has been sold or given to the state for "Rails to Trails" the Old Colony RR still owns the property. They own 25-50 feet on either side of the tracks, all crossings (they give special permission for people to cross the tracks there), any equipment (buried or not), etc. The railroads can and will prosecute and win! You will lose your detector and supplies, your finds, possibly your vehicle if you have anything in it from hunting. It's not worth the risk.

Also, I'd like to invite you to the group The Women of TreasureNet.

HH,
Anita

P.S. I have relatives who live in Green Harbor. I lived in Quincy for 32 years.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said that the land is in the State Rails to Trails program.

Annie - I don 't think you have anything you can sell on eBay for big bucks, so I'd clean it up a bit if I were you. Soak it in water first, and then after a week, step up the program with peroxide. From then on, you can try vinegar or other treatments to get at the identity. Patience.

Of all the stuff I've seen (a lot), I can't ID it now. There's an awful lot of possible parts, and the best thing you ca n do is get out and find more! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions