Hit one of my Bucket list coins

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! I love detecting in MA. You really never know what you’re going to find

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are very fortunate to live in this area a lot of old colonial coins and artifacts
Happy Treasure Hunting
dennis

Down_n_Dirty65

Feb 27, 2018
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this, I live close to the ma/ri border in the south coast area. I've hit some beaches but I'm afraid to go too deep in the woods. It's large areas of state land down here and don't wanna get in trouble...

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this, I live close to the ma/ri border in the south coast area. I've hit some beaches but I'm afraid to go too deep in the woods. It's large areas of state land down here and don't wanna get in trouble...

I like to hunt State Conservation areas, a lot of them use to be old farms, other ones are just wooded areas, which means you need to do research to see if there was any activity in that area.
"Trust Areas" do not allow MetalDetecting, Again always read the signs, it maybe possible that you run into a conservation area that does not allow MetalDetecting. A Lot of times these areas where Detected yrs ago and people left trash and did a poor job in filling there holes and now you cannot detect there

Down_n_Dirty65

Feb 27, 2018
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Thanks! I’ve been leery of the area around me, it’s largely state land, but for “practice” I’ve been using areas where they have picnic facilities and not really digging and going to a couple local beaches where I’ve been told it’s ok. Obviously not finding a ton, but enough to show me my technique works 🙂... I’ll start looking into it more now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread