Only my second day !

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
American Hawks Explorer HP 1016 & Harbor Freight pin pointer
Hallelujah I didn't have to wait long to find them there pull tab thingys ! :o

Only my second day with this machine, and I'm a findin' stuff ! :occasion18:

Not only did I find me some of them there pull tabs, but I got me 2 links of an old chain....
a short piece of electrical wire... a rusted old bolt....( bet ifin' I wire brush that it might still be able to be used !) :thumbsup:.... also got me my first piece of aluminum tin foil....
and 2 gen u wine US pennies from back in the 70's :wav:

Yes sir... looks like before long I'll be able to open up that crap metal place I was a thinkin' about.... :idea1:

Attachments

• Second find.jpg
    Second find.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 617

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Keep digging. These are the kind of finds I had when I started out and now my finds span over 150 years.
It only gets better from here ;D
HH,
Donny

OP
OP
bennym

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Donny.....
I'm not discouraged or disappointed...... It's like anything new.... ya have to pay your dues.....
It will all come together in time.... ya gotta just keep the faith and like you said... keep digging...
:icon_sunny:

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Copper memorials aren't so bad. (Did they sound different to you than the trash?) Now, zinc memorials, they belong in your crap metal store. I hate those things. (Though the bizarre ways they can corrode can be interesting at times--how can something only 2 years old be half eaten away?)

_R_

OP
OP
bennym

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
My detector is just a beginners one.... and being it was only the second time I used it, I didn't really hear a different sound for the pennies... they were all just a pretty strong beep...

I can turn the sensitivity down and the guage goes from 1 to 11... but being new I just keep it turned up all the way for now and dig everything... ::)

Eventually I'll get the hang of it.... but I'll probably pretty much still dig everything... ;D

OP
OP
bennym

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Skillet.... I hear ya ;D

Going to try my hand at a beach this morning and see how that goes.... I'll keep ya all posted....
HH....

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL you did better than I did my first time out! Just keep diggin and getting used to that detector and before long you will be finding all kinds of goodies!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bennym

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Thank you Cladius and Cynangyl....

While it's raining the next few days it will give me a chance to do a little research....
I think it's all in finding the right spot..... I've got a few places in mind, but nailing down the exact area is a little tricky, so the research should help...
Thanks again for all the support.... ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Research has a LOT to do with it. MD DOG has a thread that has a lot of info on researching in it....I have been copying all his tips into a word document for when he finally gives in and does a book for us! lol I used that good ol search option you get with charter membership and found the thread for you so you can read some of his tips. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,142981.0.html Hope they help!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
You think relic hunting is fun, just wait 'til ya hit the dunes! Give me a rusty nail over lobster trap pieces any day! :D You have tons of history to "dig" into, so enjoy the rain. :wink: Great fun, keep us informed!

OP
OP
bennym

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl Thanks for the link... I bookmarked it.... :) Every tip I can get will help out at some point or another... thanks again...

Country Girl.... Living inland makes it tough to get to the real dunes.... but the local beaches might be interesting..... Old maps are going to be the key for other areas and lucky I have the historical society just around the corner from me and I happen to know a few people on it.... I'll let everyone know how it goes... thanks for the post.... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread