Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have completely annihilated this park, which is not that old, 1950 or so.
Needed to get my fix so I decided to fight the nasty skeeters and cherry pick some quarters
I have killed this park in one year, and have dug probably 500 clad coins + a couple mercs, silver Roosevelt, war nickels, etc. I have also seen other detectorists in this park, it's just hammered.
I didn't expect the silver Washington as I've probably walked over it 20 times with my other detector, and it wasn't deep, just on edge at 3". My 3rd silver Wash in 10 days. AMC

Attachments

• 101408.jpg
    101408.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 199

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Sounds like your on a nice roll of finding silver quarters. They are not that common of any type to find. Hope your next one is a Standing or Barber. Maybe you'll go bigger and nab a half, why not? Jim

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
It sure is amazing how those minelabs go over spots that we have hunted time and time again and pull those coins out of of thin air! I have been going back to all my old "hunted out" spots and have been pulling more coins out than I can keep track of. I went out to the old school house tonight for and hour and got 3 1800's buttons and my first ever V nickle an 1886 key dater! Keep up the great work AMC and hope ya keep up the silver streak!

Happy Hunting
Slipperyjack47

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Alright Duane, you can cool it! You, Jack & Jim with your explorers are really beginning to tick me off! Congrats on a successful short hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread