Could not wait!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I took the new MXT out to my frozen driveway with an inch of ice over frozen limestone. I disc the nails and pull tabs and, even though I could not hear them, I was able to see these items on the screen. When I hit a good target, it was a solid and defining sound. It audibly said that I hit a nickle or a ring 6 inches down. I tried to dig with my miner's pickaxe and was able to get through the ice and only an inch into the frozen limestone. It was like trying to pick a hole in solid granite! I gave up but was pleased that I could disc the pull tabs and nails and still hit a nickle or similar VDI 6 inches down with a solid loud audible signal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
If you really want to give it a try go out in the woods. Anywhere there a lot of leaves it wont freeze (at least for awhile). I went out yesterday and found some coins, nothing to write home about. I am a new MXT user too. Bought mine last March. Spring is the best time to get out. When the ground is all soupy you will get some serious depth. I found an old 1920 something brass/copper enamel coated cosmetic case about a foot deep. Just be careful about poisin ivy, gotta a good case of it diggen that thing up. :o Hit some dormant roots.

S

seger98

How are you going to sleep all winter knowing that nickel is down there? Man I'd have the blow torch out!

Chris

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
In the woods, there is 2 to 3 feet of snow and ice. The shade kept it from thawing a bit. You must be in the south end of Michigan. I would like to be in the south end of Florida about now.... :icon_sunny:

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Yes I am down south. There is about 4 inches of snow left in some areas. Tried to get out today in a different area by a local river. Could not find a thawed spot. I did find some downed power lines in the woods. Kept hearing a low hum and an an occasional snapping sound as I was walking in the woods. Started to smell burning rubber. A tree had knocked down some lines. We had some serious wind down here a a couple of days ago. One of the lines was laying in some grass and smokin away. The other 2 were laying in the river. Luck has it, ( I guess) as I was walking out a cop pulled up in a 4 wheel drive vehicle (I think someone called them on me because my carrying bag kinda looks like a gun case, it happened this past summer too!). I flagged him down and told him about. As I was driving out of the park the fire department and the park ranger pulled up.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll run mine with the discrimination turned all the way down in the woods a lot of the time and I'll just look a the VDI reading when I hear a target and go from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread