February thaw finds

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Here are the pics I promised from last Tuesday. I rushed home from out of town, so I only had about 30 minutes to hunt. I tried to hunt my front yard, but the ground was still frozen. The backyard was better. The ground was very wet and the detector was really popping with sensitivity. The top 3 pennies are Wheats. The bottom one is a Memorial that appears to have been clipped by a lawnmower. Not sure what the brass fitting is from.

100_1637.jpg

Can't wait for spring to really get here.
Dan

DanMI

May 26, 2007
Nice silver, Dan. Wish my backyard would give that kinda stuff!! Wish the Feburary thaw would have lasted. HH Dan

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
I have a really good signal in the front yard that I am sure is a silver quarter, but the ground was frozen rock solid. My dad wanted to get out the axe, but I reminded him that this is my front lawn :o
Dan

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds in the yard! I too wished the thaw had lasted longer...was just a short tease. Won't be long now, right around the corner. FFD

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
oneeye said:
I have a really good signal in the front yard that I am sure is a silver quarter, but the ground was frozen rock solid. My dad wanted to get out the axe, but I reminded him that this is my front lawn :o
Dan

;D

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its still cold. im not going back out till its a little warmer....I went to a sled hill and I fell down twice and the 2nd time i slid 7feet, it hurt me pretty good, so it was a sign, plus there where areas that i hit ice after 1inch from digging

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
oneeye said:
Dan

Ouch.........I understand your point though...LOL.

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
My dad lives 5 blocks from me and he is retired. He keep threatening to visit my yard while I am working to do a little "landscaping" :o :o Sure hate to have the ol' man arrested for trespassing :wink: :wink:

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread