!!!BIG SILVER!!! What a way to end the week!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think im still in shock lol. Today i got up and went to work at my grandparents the place where i found my 2 IH cent's, well today i got there and got done with the work a little early so i had the detector with me and was hoping for some silver. I decided to hit up the side yard a place i had detected a little but not to much the second good sounding signal i got hit the 50 cent mark on the ace 250 and stayed there with every pass. The first ended up being a screw off cap. I was hoping but these signals usually turn out to be deep large iron, or beer cans. I dug a bigger sized plug then normal just in case and when i pulled it out and rescanned the hole the target sounded good still, which got me a little excited. I removed some dirt and thats when i seen the face of the coin. I could see that it was Barber :o, wow what an a great feeling that was. I carefully removed the coin and could see the date 1899!!!! I just sat there and stared at it for what seemed like forever lol. I had just dug my first-Barber, My first half dollar, and my first 1800's silver ;D, knocked out 3 first with 1 coin lol. Heres the scan of the coin. ;D I just stopped detecting i had to get home and share my find with everyone lol. Hope everyone is having a great day! Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• BarberFB.JPG
    BarberFB.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 231

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright CD! I would be beside myself (detecting) if I hit something like that! Puts all finds to shame! Congrats!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes! sweet find. way to dig it! I did the same thing last week, my first half dollar, and the same year. congrats!

Attachments

• 1899 barber half.JPG
    1899 barber half.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 1899 barber half.JPG
    1899 barber half.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 206

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! That is a great coin! Congrats!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) Wow! Sweet digs, CD! She's a beauty....I'd been in shock too.

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions