Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Try not to hate me here as I've suffered through the long MI winter as well. :tongue3: My husband manages an account located in Honolulu and was asked to attend an engineering meeting there. So, I've been very blessed to join him for a week of fun and sun. After arriving, we hooked up with Dale, a fellow TNetter, and the local MD retailer here on Oahu. He is a great guy (ex-Navy) and showed us lots of his cool water finds including a $4,000 diamond ring he now wears. I bought a decent sand scoop from him as well.

I have been keeping very busy but have managed a few early morning beach hunts on the east end of Waikiki beach where we are staying. No great rings yet but some pretty nice piles of clad for the short time I've hunted. It is also a huge treat to hunt without wearing a winter coat, long johns, gloves, etc.

I've also seen tons of cool birds and plants and saw my first Mongoose and migrating Humpback whales (from shore) yesterday. Life is good!

Thanks for looking and HH.
Aloha,
Michiganne

pic 1 - clad and breast cancer awareness bracelet (silver?)
pic 2 - clad and my new digging tool :)
pic 3 - warmth....gotta love it!

Attachments

• Hawai\'i 03-09 053comp.jpg
    Hawai\'i 03-09 053comp.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Hawai\'i 03-09 247comp.jpg
    Hawai\'i 03-09 247comp.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 224
  • Hawai\'i 03-09 049comp.jpg
    Hawai\'i 03-09 049comp.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 234

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm so envious. Love Waikiki. good luck, hope you strike gold!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Oh!
Hmmmmmmmm!
No wonder you were so sympathetic about my mangled war nickel!

I am really trying not to hold this Hawaii thing against you.

Hope you enjoy the sun and sand.

Really, it is hard not to hold it against you. LOL.

Have a great trip.

Good Luck,
Mark

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Anne, looks like your having fun! How do the other half live?! Hope you hit something real good there. Are you detecting in the water as well or just in the sand? I should have let you take my CZ-20 for the water as I am not about to brave the cold waters here yet. Keep posting the photos and enjoy yourself!

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I was their in 95 and one of the coolest things we did was go to the old military installation thats inside a extinct volcano. You walk up the inside of the crater and there are bunkers on the top. I don't know if you can still climb out of the bunker and stand on the top, but if you can it is an awesome sight. It looks down on Pearl Harbor and you can see for miles around. Have fun.

Wolverine.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Dang! I am here in Wisconsin and having to chip coins from the frozen earth and your playin in the sand..................Whats wrong with this picture???????????? LOL Have a great time and find a big ol' gold ring!

HH
Slipperyjack47

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have a great trip and find lots of coins and jewerly.....Matt

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mich. Wolverine said:
I was their in 95 and one of the coolest things we did was go to the old military installation thats inside a extinct volcano. You walk up the inside of the crater and there are bunkers on the top. I don't know if you can still climb out of the bunker and stand on the top, but if you can it is an awesome sight. It looks down on Pearl Harbor and you can see for miles around. Have fun.

Wolverine.
Wolverine:
We did do this hike you talked about. It is the Diamond Head Crater (pictured in the background of my first two pics) and it is a cool spot. Yes, you can still climb out of the bunker and enjoy the windy view. Lots of neat history here!

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
Oh!
Hmmmmmmmm!
No wonder you were so sympathetic about my mangled war nickel!

I am really trying not to hold this Hawaii thing against you.

Hope you enjoy the sun and sand.

Really, it is hard not to hold it against you. LOL.

Have a great trip.

Good Luck,
Mark
LOL Thanks Mark. Actually your term "chewing nails" during the long snowy season stuck with me all winter. :tard:

Keep digging!
p.s. Does East Jordan Iron Works still make sewer covers?

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Annie!
Of course East Jordan Iron Works still makes sewer covers! I could give you a complete history of our 125 year old family owned business that has foundries in Oklahoma, China, France, New York........ But since you didn't ask that I won't go into it.

I happen to be the serving mayor of East Jordan. I can go on for a long time about what a great community partner EJIW is.

I am no longer chewing nails! I've hunted three times already this year!

Good Luck,
Mark

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great way to spend the winter! :)

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
Annie!
Of course East Jordan Iron Works still makes sewer covers! I could give you a complete history of our 125 year old family owned business that has foundries in Oklahoma, China, France, New York........ But since you didn't ask that I won't go into it.

I happen to be the serving mayor of East Jordan. I can go on for a long time about what a great community partner EJIW is.

I am no longer chewing nails! I've hunted three times already this year!

Good Luck,
Mark

Mark- Over near us in Sunfield, MI, East Jordan IW keeps a storage grounds. We've driven by it before. I always remember seeing EJIW printed on the sewers when I was a kid. :)

Glad you've thawed out and been hunting!

HH,
Michiganne

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Michiganne said:
Mich. Wolverine said:

Wolverine.
Wolverine:
We did do this hike you talked about. It is the Diamond Head Crater (pictured in the background of my first two pics) and it is a cool spot. Yes, you can still climb out of the bunker and enjoy the windy view. Lots of neat history here!

I thought it was called Diamond Head but I wasn't for sure because it was 13 years ago. Me and my brother in law climbed up it. We got there late and didn't have much time so we missed the sign telling you to take a flashlight. We had to feel around in the dark to find the stairs going up to the bunker, but the view was worth it. If your lucky it might be in the 40's when you get back to Michigan. ;D

Wolverine.

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was called Diamond Head but I wasn't for sure because it was 13 years ago. Me and my brother in law climbed up it. We got there late and didn't have much time so we missed the sign telling you to take a flashlight. We had to feel around in the dark to find the stairs going up to the bunker, but the view was worth it. If your lucky it might be in the 40's when you get back to Michigan. ;D

Wolverine.
[/quote]

Wolverine: They have now put some low lights in that long, dark tunnel. The 99 steep steps on the climb up is not for the faint-of-heart. Good shoes and water are a must....I shared some of my water with a young woman who looked on the verge of heat exhaustion.

Weather in the 40's??? :'( :'( :'(

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
When I was there they only had a little trail and a few steps at the top by the bunker. Looks like there improving things. :thumbsup:

Wolverine.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds :thumbsup: never been to Hawaii but it looks like fun, especially in the winter time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread