Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all:

On Sat. I hunted my new site for a few hours and tried some of the outlaying areas hoping for some undisturbed soil. No luck, no coins even. :'( So, today I decided to head in a different direction and went back to a house (built 1929) to finish up the yard I started hunting last fall. I knew the homeowners were going to be gone so I could hunt undisturbed.

My detector started acting haywire after a while giving false signals, almost like being near an electric fence.:help: I had forgotten to bring my spare batteries so I worked through the false signals for a while before calling it a day. Sure was a weather perfect day! And I couldn't compete with the mess the moles are making of their front yard. :tongue3:

I found some clad, a 1955 Wheatie, and a neat looking piece of jewelery. Anyone have an idea how old it might be?

Thanks for looking and HH,
Michiganne
p.s. Also found a plug thing with threads on the outside.:dontknow: Still has a rubber seal so it's likely not too old.

Attachments

• treasure 2009 09comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 09comp.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 220
  • treasure 2009 10comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 10comp.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 228
  • treasure 2009 08comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 08comp.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 209
M

michigan michael

WTG Anne! I look at your jewelry piece and wonder if it could be some sort of hair ornament. That is what comes to mind first for me. Hope you pull more goodies soon! :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. Hope yiu got the detector figure out on what was wrong....Matt

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Anne! looks like a good place to hunt :thumbsup: nice job on the wheatie, and the cool hair pin.

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
I look at your jewelry piece and wonder if it could be some sort of hair ornament. That is what comes to mind first for me.

It appears to have had a straight pin on the back although it is broken off. I like it because it looks old. :)

HH,
Michiganne

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Hope yiu got the detector figure out on what was wrong....Matt

I put new batteries in today and tried it for a quick hunt at a tot lot....worked fine. I don't recall it ever doing that with low batteries before. Who knows? :icon_scratch:

HH,
Michiganne

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you made it out. The threaded item reminds me of the plug that I take on and off my lawn roller, to fill with with water for weight. Not sure. The jewelry item looks decorative enough to have some age to it but not sure. Every once in a while, my machine goes haywire for no apparent reason. Maybe there is a big pot of silver coins buried deep that is making the machine go crazy :laughing7:. Anyway, good digging and keep adding up the wheaties, you are doing well. One of these days you will be pleased to find a yard that will give up 30 or more wheats and a few silver. I predict your silver drought will be over soon, as long as you get yourself on some new fresh dirt!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Anne I would say victorian on the pin. I like it! :)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool and interesting finds Anne. Keep swingin', just when you are ready to give up on a spot, it gives up a great find. FFD

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
You did a good job digging that pin. Looks like it would be easy to mess up digging. Wouldn't that be a huge let down?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread