Northeran Michigan

Sublime7

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2009
Utica & Mancelona, michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola / Tesoro Silver Umax / Fisher 1236x2 & Detectorpro uniprobe......
Hello All,
Heading up north to Fishermans Island, Young State Parks and maybe Sleeping Bear Dunes to do a bit of detecting along the shore line. Has anybody been up there along the shoreline MDing? And if so, any finds or any tips you could share? Going to be leaving to go up on Tuesday with the wife for a relaxing week. Thanks for any info you can share.
Best Regards,
Bob, Shari & Humphrey (our Dash hound)

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on vacation up in Pentwater right now and did my first bit of shoreline detecting last night for about an hour, only came up with some clad and junk (shiny clad which I'm not use to) I didnt try the water at all, but sorry cant give out any good tips other than someone told me that they wraked the beach the night before to smooth things out. shiny clad was pretty deep too 8 inches a lot of times. I was shooting for jewelry, but to no avail. I've got a few more days up here, and should be no more rain this week after today. Good luck and let us know how you do, Griff

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't if I were you!!!..........

Sleeping Bear is national and off limits, and Young has restrictions, so only certain areas.
be careful, especially the National park. You can get in BIG trouble.

OP
OP
Sublime7

Sublime7

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2009
Utica & Mancelona, michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola / Tesoro Silver Umax / Fisher 1236x2 & Detectorpro uniprobe......
Hey Griff, thanks for the reply. The weather is suppose to improve and be alot nicer for about the next week so :icon_sunny: I hope you can get out and maybe find that treasure of a life time. If not, well it sure is fun anyway!!!
I think we will be heading to Fishermans Island State Park on Wednesday. They have a 5 mile long beach and I called ahead and they welcome dogs and metal detectors.
On Thursday we plan on going to Young State Park. Called them too. Detectors Yes and dogs Yes! They have a restricted area to hunt but it is a pretty good size area and alot of shoreline to hit too.
I tried to call Sleeping Bear today a little after 4pm and no answer. :icon_scratch: Gonna try tomorrow again. If I can, great, if not, I'll go elsewhere.
When I get back I'll post my finds.
Happy Hunting All,
Bob

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
The beaches around Charlevoix get used a lot, and get hit somewhat. Both sides of the channel on the Lake Michigan side are used quite a bit. Then There is Ferry Beach on the Lake Charlevoix Side, and on the other side of the channel Depot Beach had a pretty good sized park and beach too.

I'm right up in East Jordan, about 14 miles from Charlevoix.

PM me and I can give you some more info. If you haven't left already.

Good Luck,
Mark

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? No follow up post? I was looking forward to seeing the finds :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread