The late bird gets a worm.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
With the last couple of weeks being a bit hotter, I knew the local beaches would be loading up with people...and treasure!
Unfortunately, many obligations have kept me from capitolizing on said treasure until yesterday morn.
Beach #1....Found nothing.....not even a scrap of foil....stepped in many scoop holes though.
Beach#2....Same story with the exception of one stainless band.
All is fair, but pretty depressing to be the last hunter on the beach :-\
O.K.....determined not to go home empty handed I headed for the muck water.(An area where people swim when theres nowhere else to go). Even here there were very few targets.I ended up chasing iffy signals, most of which were trash, however two of these turned out to be good ones buried deep in the underlying clay.
First was a flashy earing stamped 925, and then a nice 14k diamond engagement ring. Both were probably 8-10" down and had to be squeezed out of clay balls.
The stones tested good....there is a nice marquis and four small full faceted gems.
Although I am happy with my finds, Im a bit bummed that I missed out on some of the easiest pickens of the summer.....but...summers not over yet :wink:
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
Another highlight of my weekend....went to Lapeer days last night !
Enjoyed a few brews and an hour plus with Jackyl....Awesome show!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Jopher! way to stay with it and not get discouraged, it payed off. :thumbsup: that is some nice looking gold :thumbsup:

M

michigan michael

Wow! 100% beautiful. Congrats on an awesome recovery! :icon_thumleft:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the hard worker got the worms! :)
Nice finds!

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
"but...summers not over yet" :headbang: can I get an AMEN! brothers and sisters!

HH, Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread