Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out today had a goodtime with FFD. started early and drove out to Hillsdale to try the fairgrounds, just as all the trucks were pulling in to set up their carny rides (bad timing) about that time my wife calls and leaves me a voicemail asking me if my friend who's truck is parked in our driveway has barnyard animals because there is a chicken in our driveway :tongue3: LOL yes FFD's red hen had rode under his truck some 20 miles and is walking around entertaining my kids and everyone else in my subdivision. When we got back we tried to capture it for like 15 minutes to no avail. it (Godzilla?) eventually jumped back up under the truck somewhere and away he went. So heres my finds from today anyway, the 2 three ringers were a surprise in the side yard of an old house. had a good time though D. thanks for looking all, Griff

Attachments

• 9-16.jpg
    9-16.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 9-16 three ringers.jpg
    9-16 three ringers.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 9-16 relics.jpg
    9-16 relics.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 9-16 FFD and HEN.jpg
    9-16 FFD and HEN.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 156

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice Digs!

I am still laughing about the hen! That is not how I remember "playing chicken", but hey if that is how it's played now......!

Glad you had a good hunt!

Good Luck,
Mark

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt but the chicken steals the show. :D Glad you guys are getting out.

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what an adventure that hunt was!
Congrats on the cool finds.
Have to hit the fairgrounds after the carnies pack it up.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Did the chicken make it all the way back home?

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike from MI said:
not sure been trying to call FFD this morning to find out. FFD are you out there? how's Godzilla?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
postalgriff said:
Mike from MI said:
not sure been trying to call FFD this morning to find out. FFD are you out there? how's Godzilla?
Update: after numerous tries we were unable to catch the hen. She finally jumped up to the axle, and that was good enough for me, as I could not persuade Josh to take on a new pet. Godzilla made the 20-mile return trip home, where she happily joined her kin, no worse for wear! ffd

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a blast 'tektin with PG, we hit the fairgrounds (got run out), a small creekside park in Jonesville, and two private residences. Lots of finds, these are the ones that will fit into my scanner. Not showing: a t-bird, yugo, and a foreign race car. ffd

Attachments

• 091609.jpg
    091609.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 132

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
You guys have to hit hillsdale again. But make an entire day out of it. You will both bring home a couple oldies. They are there but few and far between. Most oldies I got outta there were at the north end of the infield track. But they can be anywhere. The Hillsdale fairground fair has a website and they show the days that there are activities going on and when there isn't. I always kept an eye on that and made an entire day of it. Fun stuff. I love that fairground. Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim C. said:
You guys have to hit hillsdale again. But make an entire day out of it. You will both bring home a couple oldies. They are there but few and far between. Most oldies I got outta there were at the north end of the infield track. But they can be anywhere. The Hillsdale fairground fair has a website and they show the days that there are activities going on and when there isn't. I always kept an eye on that and made an entire day of it. Fun stuff. I love that fairground. Jim
Thanx Jim, thats where we started right before we were run out. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread