Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy smokes Mike! very nice, was that a planted hunt? if so, how does that work? looks like fun, Griff

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
postalgriff said:
holy smokes Mike! very nice, was that a planted hunt? if so, how does that work? looks like fun, Griff

Yes it was a seeded hunt. Each guy pays a fee and all the fee goes into old coins to plant less than an inch in the ground. There are flags showing the boarders of the hunt field. When the hunt master says go you get all you can as fast as you can. There are also tokens planted that are good for some prizes. In soma cases very nice prizes! The club also adds 10 Morgans as a bonus! :) Our club in SW MI is one of the biggest in the US. We have one in May and one in Sept. they are a blast! We do a pot luck, camp out, fellowship hunt somewhere near by, some learning stuff, and other hunts too.
Any questions give me a shout. I am the president of the club. Here is the web site. swmss.org

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. Never seen that much silver before. :laughing7:
Way to go Mike

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike from MI said:
postalgriff said:

Yes it was a seeded hunt. Each guy pays a fee and all the fee goes into old coins to plant less than an inch in the ground. There are flags showing the boarders of the hunt field. When the hunt master says go you get all you can as fast as you can. There are also tokens planted that are good for some prizes. In soma cases very nice prizes! The club also adds 10 Morgans as a bonus! :) Our club in SW MI is one of the biggest in the US. We have one in May and one in Sept. they are a blast! We do a pot luck, camp out, fellowship hunt somewhere near by, some learning stuff, and other hunts too.
Any questions give me a shout. I am the president of the club. Here is the web site. swmss.org
that is pretty cool. how many people were there? did anyone do better than you?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yow! What a picture! I sure wish the club wasn't so far away (100 miles). Can SE Mi join?
Yes a seeded hunt sounds like a blast! ffd

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't decide which I like better Mike, the pic of your coins or the sunrise pic. :dontknow: WTG!

HH

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
Yow! What a picture! I sure wish the club wasn't so far away (100 miles). Can SE Mi join?
Yes a seeded hunt sounds like a blast! ffd

Sure you can join! We have members in Arkansas, Indiana, and many places in MI. how about you come over to one meeting to see what you think?

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
postalgriff said:
Mike from MI said:
postalgriff said:

that is pretty cool. how many people were there? did anyone do better than you?

Have not seen the numbers yet, but I usually fall in the top 5. Have been 1st a few times. We had 26 hunters, but over 45 in attendance. We had over 60 in attendance at the spring hunt.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:headbang: Nice haul, Mike. Almost as good as your lake finds. LOL I just couldn't resist. We have a couple of hunts here in OK. with our club but I haven't seen anyone get that much silver at one time. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread