1944 10k Class Ring Found Today 9/23/09

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Well I finally got my 3rd gold ring of the year!!! I decided to take a quick splash in-between my 2 part time jobs (finding a good job in michigan is like finding a pocket spill of seated coins). Got home and threw on my gear and headed to the end of the street and into the water. Within an hour I pulled over a buck in clad and a wheat. Then I got a loud mid-tone on the CZ-20, thinking it was another shotgun shell casing I wasn't too excited. When all the sand cleared low and behold there it was................

9-23-09LSC-2.jpg

9-23-09LSC-1.jpg

9-23-09LSC-3.jpg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like it was lost when it was brand new! I was born in 1944 and my mother was 18, so the loser probably was around her age. And everyone was enlisting then because of the war. Possibly a WWII vet. Should have a very interesting history if you can find an owner or a relative. Wonderful find. Monty

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, thats one nice looking hunk of gold! congrats, beats digging shotgun casings by a long shot. :thumbsup:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome congrats!!! My first one ever was from a ball field 1933.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are interested in finding an owner, talk to your local newspaper or TV stations. They are always looking for a good human interest story. They will more than likely help you track down the original owner and it will be very good publicity for the art of metal detecting. Monty

OP
OP
Clad 2 meet u

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
The school name is worn off and there isn't any initials or name inside the band so I'll be keeping this one.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:hello: Yep, I'd say with out a name or other IDing marks, it's a keeper. Congrats on a nice find.

HH

Desertfox

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looked so good in the pic I thought it was in better condition than it really is. I found the owner of the ring I found but he didn't want it! Strange! Monty

Bazooka

Jan 26, 2007
Very sweet ring. Don'feel bad about keeping it, that thing is older than the hills. Enjoy!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WTG bud, that is one sweet ring. Congrats.
I only got out 6 or 7 times this year but I played a lot of golf
and kept up on my writing, in fact 4 weeks ago my book manuscript was accepted for publication by a Boston Mass publisher. Yay, be out prior to years end hopefully.
anyway... I hope you get some more goodies in the pouch before the ground freezes. Congrats again!
Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions