Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kids had friends staying over all weekend so I was pretty busy in the kitchen. Sat. afternoon I was able to slide away for a short hunt. I hit a house site just down the road due to time. The weather was cold and terribly windy and I almost went home with little to show for my efforts. Just before quitting time I pulled out a Kellogg's watch fob. My eyes were watering from the wind, but I could make out the word "Toasted" and knew I had a good one.

I've hunted this yard several times and have decided that most of my good relics have come from one quadrant of the yard that must have escaped the bulldozer blade. I'm not finished there yet.

When I was young my folks took us at least once to Kellogg's for a factory tour, back when you could go in the actual factory. My memories include the overwhelming smell of cereal being toasted, seeing the lady dropping the prizes into the cereal boxes (what a cool job!), and everyone getting a free multi-pack of mini cereal boxes. (which is probably why my dad took us) :D

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne

Attachments

• treasure 2009 132.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2009 132.jpgcomp.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 110

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find,I think I'm gonna go get a bowl of cereal now :thumbsup:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find on the Kellogg's fob Annne :thumbsup: I've gotten 2 of them fobs so far, one last year and one this year. In premium shape they go for around $75 to a collector.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice fob Anne! And thanks for the memory of the Kellogg's plant tour, dad took us kids there 30+ years ago. I remember the pungent aroma of toasted corn and of nearly gagging by the tour's end! ffd

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that fob is too cool, I took my son through the tour there about 7 or 8 years ago, it has changed alot since I was a kid. I remember getting the mini-boxes at the end as a kid. too cool. HH in that field Anne!!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Seen many over the years, but still have yet to find one!

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
I've gotten 2 of them fobs so far, one last year and one this year. In premium shape they go for around $75 to a collector.

Yes, I figured it wasn't a real rarity with our proximity to Battle Creek. But I do love relics with writing on them. :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Michiganne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread