Long hunt......... scored a few......

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

I went back to the park I scored the Merc hoping for a repeat. I landed about .45 cents in clad a strange silver ring and my second boy scout neckerchief slide. This one being a wolf. It seems I am following the ranks. My first was a bobcat slide. ;D Nothing to exciting but, had fun. Does anyone know the stamp of this ring? What about the other number? It has a weird stamp and the letters/numbers CE1B.

Thanks all!
MM

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 165
  • strangering.jpg
    strangering.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 153
  • strangering2.jpg
    strangering2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 160
  • keysslide.jpg
    keysslide.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 167

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, Mike. At least you're getting out. :thumbsup: It sure was a nice day today. No clue on the ring. :dontknow:

HH

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Thanks Anne, Isn't that ring weird? I cant tell what the front detail is even suppose to be. When I dug it I thought is was another stainless piece of jewelry because there was not any markings. When I got it home and cleaned it up I found them on the back side. I was finding some boy scout items there so maybe its a scout ring? :dontknow:

Get ready...... The snow is coming. :crybaby2:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice Digs!!

The slide looks like a Webelos slide to me. I think I had one. Webelos are kind of a transition between Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.

Oh, and we had snow up here yesterday. Supposed to have heavy Lake Effect snow (Charlevoix County) tomorrow.
Really not looking forward to it!

Good Luck,
Mark

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds MM! :thumbsup: no clue on the ring either, but looks nice, I thought it was gold at first glance. I'm always happy finding a ring, junk or not ;D good luck out there, Griff

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Not sure about the ring but very cool all the same.
Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

mpostma said:
Nice Digs!!

The slide looks like a Webelos slide to me. I think I had one. Webelos are kind of a transition between Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.

Oh, and we had snow up here yesterday. Supposed to have heavy Lake Effect snow (Charlevoix County) tomorrow.
Really not looking forward to it!

Good Luck,
Mark

That sucks Mark. I was supposed to be born in Arizona or Florida! lol Some place without snow. Guess the stork got lost. lol. Well I guess its coming so lets get it over with. All I can say is let the research begin. :D

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

postalgriff said:
sweet finds MM! :thumbsup: no clue on the ring either, but looks nice, I thought it was gold at first glance. I'm always happy finding a ring, junk or not ;D good luck out there, Griff
Thanks PG. Gold would be nice. I made a lot of nice finds for my first year but, the yellow/orange stuff has eluded me. I have walked over a lot of foil and pull tabs on the ole ACE 250 though. Maybe I should of bought the Tesoro Silver umax instead. :dontknow: You are right though. A ring is a great thing to pull out of the dirt! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Brentallica said:
Great finds! Not sure about the ring but very cool all the same.
Congrats :icon_thumright:

Thanks Brentallica!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds MM :thumbsup: congrats on the silver ring, I always enjoy finding the scout paraphernalia !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread