would this be a good spot or not

thsfineday

Apr 20, 2009
Taylor, MI.
Detector(s) used
omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a lot of people hunt corn fields , so i have to ask. Do you think an old strawberry field would yield anything or not. This place is now gone and grass is in its place but they keep it very short. Would have to ask permission of course but just want to make sure i am not wasting my time out there. I have to think of some new places for next years hunting season and its time to think outside the normal box. Don't get me wrong, the clad is nice to find at the tot lots but the thoughts of silver are better.i might even invite some of my hunting buddies with me, then again, maybe not if i go and i start finding a lot of goodies.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet an old strawberry field would be a great spot for sure. Being hand picked I'm sure someone lost a coin or two through the years, you might even find a ring.

M

michigan michael

I agree. A strawberry patch would be an excellent place to hunt. When I was a kid we use to help the farmer out picking berries. he would give us .25 a bucket for what we picked for him. I am sure we lost money horsing around when we took breaks. Give it a go. Good luck!

MM

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I would give it a try, you would probably have better luck there then in the corn feilds. I have hunted a few corn feilds. The only areas where I found stuff is on the outer edges which makes sense I guess (unless of course there was a home site in the feild). I have had some luck in old orchards too. Speaking of which, if you find old apple trees in the woods there is a good chance a house was nearby. Came upon a cellar hole that way. good luck

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you hear about guys hunting farm fields, it is because there was a structure there in the old days. That is why there are finds there.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think an old patch would be a good place to hunt. Probably had lots of folks there every spring. You won't know till you try. :thumbsup:

HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds good to me, I'm gonna try the field hunting this spring for sure, have never done it. HH

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah,you won't find anything there.Don't waste your time. Where exactly is it anyway? :laughing7:

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Strawberry fields here in the U.K have produced hammered silver coins as well as modern. An excellent place to detect if you can get permission.

OP
OP
thsfineday

thsfineday

Apr 20, 2009
Taylor, MI.
Detector(s) used
omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , here are the directions, first go out to the main street which i think is inkster , then head north, turn left on eureka, go 1 mile to middlebelt, make a left, go 1 mile and make another left, then go 1 more mile and make 1 more left , go about 1/2 mile and you are there. you better get permission first, i haven't did that yet. if you are unable to locate with my directions, just use your gps and put in strawberry fields. see you when the ground thaws.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a good spot; chance for silver coin there if it dates back at least to the early '70's.
Possibly rings too, who knows what else. Buddy of mine has a large u-pick field on a farm that dates back to the mid-1800's, altho he wasn't too keen on my hunting the berry patch, nuts!

ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread