Todays find! could not believe it.....still cant!

M

michigan michael

The treasure hunting has came to an end until the snow is gone. The only change that I put in a jar now is the everyday pocket change I receive. We save all our change and cash it in at the end of the year. This usually helps with Christmas. My wife and I went to dinner tonight at a buffet called The Golden Corral. We then stopped at a local party store and purchased some pop and went home. As we were emptying our pockets my wife hands me a hand full of change," I said put it in the jar" and she said, "If I wanted it take it." Well as the change slid from her hand to mine she then jerked her hand back with eyes glowing wide. "Oh my god she said." I was like, " What? What? what? what do you have? lol She handed me a mercury dime. How does a mercury dime end up as return change at a restaurant or party store? I put the coin madness to bed for the winter and now there is a force tormenting me. Teasing me with silver, taunting my addiction! i WANT TO DIG!!!!!! lol It was a nice way to end the day either way you look at it. I will take change like this any day! Thanks for looking everyone.

Attachments

• change.jpg
    change.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 216
  • change2.jpg
    change2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 213

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat find to pull from circulation. Here is my theory on how they end up there. It's simple, people nowadays are just too busy to observe closely. They assume it's a foreign coin and just let it go.
It's a rare find. I pulled 12 mercs from circulation last year but I searched a ton of dime rolls. ffd

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOL! When I get a silver dime from a cash register I then take out a buck and ask for 10 dimes just to see if there are more! :)

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome! its only happened to me once with a merc in circulation, but I know the feeling, made my day. congrats on your first silver of the year! :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Mike! :icon_thumleft: The best I've ever found in change are Wheaties. Oh, and a Franklin CRH.

HH

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Fistfulladirt said:
Neat find to pull from circulation. Here is my theory on how they end up there. It's simple, people nowadays are just too busy to observe closely. They assume it's a foreign coin and just let it go.
It's a rare find. I pulled 12 mercs from circulation last year but I searched a ton of dime rolls. ffd
That is a very good theory. In a hurry it could pass as canadian if you don not know coins. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread