Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to research the name on the net, according to the info he's still alive but can't find an address or phone number, it seems his son lives in Indiana. I suspect Francis is probably in a nursing home, don't know for sure. It's the first army dog tag I've found and I researched it and he was drafted during WW2 and in the 6th corp but I'm not really up on military stuff but it's always interested me. I'm a Viet Nam vet myself and all my military clothing was ripped off the first place I lived when I got out of the army and I know who did it but I can't prove it, such is life. I dug this stuff at the same place I dug the pocket watch.

Attachments

• Jan20.JPG
    Jan20.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 253

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! I hope you get a chance to return it to him or the family.
Also thank you for serving! :thumbsup:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds and a great story Giant. Hopefully, you will find Francis through his son.
Thank you also for serving as well. :icon_thumleft:

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
That would be so cool to return it to his son - I would love to hear about that. I'll bet if you took it to a Veterans hall - they would have the resources to help you find the owner.

good luck,
Ian

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find Giant. :icon_thumleft: Good luck finding the man...let us know if you locate him.
Also, thank you for your service to our country.

HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find Giant!! hope you are able to get that back to the family. how awesome that would be if he is still around and able to recall losing that, how exciting that would be for him. much appreciation for your service too. HH, Griff

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
I've been trying to research the name on the net, according to the info he's still alive but can't find an address or phone number, it seems his son lives in Indiana. I suspect Francis is probably in a nursing home, don't know for sure. It's the first army dog tag I've found and I researched it and he was drafted during WW2 and in the 6th corp but I'm not really up on military stuff but it's always interested me. I'm a Viet Nam vet myself and all my military clothing was ripped off the first place I lived when I got out of the army and I know who did it but I can't prove it, such is life. I dug this stuff at the same place I dug the pocket watch.
keep a look out for bones.....if you found a tag...

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Hey Giant.

Francis B. Heathcote

His middle name was "Brightman" according to www.peoplesearch.com

I've located 3 of his family members that still live in Kalamazoo, MI. If you contact them, make sure to let us know what happens. I sent you a PM with contact information on how to get in touch with his family.

Deerhunter24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread