Some Michigan bottles.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
These are a few of the Michigan bottles that I have. The first two are 1870's pop bottles. The blue one reads Beebe & Braddock Bay City Bottling Works and the other one is City Pop Works East Saginaw Mich.
The cobalt blue bottle is an 1890's G. Norris & Co. City bottling works Detroit Mich. pop bottle. It's called a hutchinson after the guy that patented the bottle. The honey amber beer bottle is from the late 1880's to 1890's. I still has it's original cork in laying in the bottom. I have a few more Michigan bottles that I will post if you want to see them. Thank's for looking.

Wolverine.

Attachments

• SANY0130 (2) pop.jpg
    SANY0130 (2) pop.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 431
  • SANY0139 (2) Norris.jpg
    SANY0139 (2) Norris.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 347

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice!

Great bottles! Love finding them while I'm hunting the old sites!

Have a great day! Enjoy the weather!!!!!

Mark

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my goodness...those are beautiful MW, yes let us see more! Can't wait till things warm up, have a couple dumps to check out that i've neglected too long. ffd

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
Oh my goodness...those are beautiful MW, yes let us see more! ffd
I agree! Those first two Hutch bottles are lovely. I love their frosty color, it reminds me of beach glass. Thanks for posting! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Keep digging!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I love digging and finding old bottles! I found a Hutches this summer! (Battle Creek)

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those Michigan bottles are very cool and look to be in great shape. :icon_thumleft:
Nice collection.

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Just to let everyone know some of the bottles are hazy or stained. The two pop bottles were found in the river and had sand running over them for a 130 years so I gives them a frosty appearance. I have put baby oil on them so it gives them a clean appearance. It's a lot cheaper than getting them tumbled. :thumbsup:
Mike from MI said:
Awesome! I love digging and finding old bottles! I found a Hutches this summer! (Battle Creek)
I only have four hutches and I found one metal detecting because it picked up the steel stopper. If you get a chance post I would like to see it.
Spooky said:
I guess I should ask: Where these DUG in Michigan?
Everything that I post was found in northeastern lower Michigan and 99% was found in the town that I live in.
Thanks everyone.

Wolverine.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles Wolverine. I have not been fortunate enough to find a bottle with that kind of age to it yet.

rnretire

Nov 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in the G Norris bottling works cobalt blue bottle. is it available, my last name is Norris, may have been my 3rd great grand fathers company

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bay City had a coke plant too, found a broken one this summer pre-war by the glass coloration and thickness.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice bottles, rnretire, did you notice how old this post is? you should pm MICH-WOLVERINE
or go up and ''LIKE'' his last post and it will notify him tha someone is lookinf at his page.
I am going to go ''LIKE'' your last post to show you how that works, in case you didnt already Know
I was going to research the norris bottling company since i never heard of them, i'll let you know if
I find anything interesting, or you could post here on this page what you Know about your G-G-G Grandfathers
bottleing company, Tahnx BIGSCOTT

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome bottles! I sure would like to dig some like that!

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found so far G Norris city works bottling, first in clevland oh, then in Detroit Michigan, still looking

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Thanks for the interest in the bottles. I can't let go of the cobalt one because it's the only one i have. In good shape they can go for around $250.00 If you search around the net you should be able to find an aqua hutch pretty cheap.
Wolverine

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I can see the company in business in 1874 and this an advertisement from 1879. I have a couple of quart bottles with applied lips that are from the late 1870's to early 1800's but they are not embossed bottling works.

Attachments

• 1511232972431.jpg
    1511232972431.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 83

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest: