You Jackson County folks know about Vandercook Lake Park...

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
..has a great history. You also know it has been hit to death over the years and it is hard to eek out finds there. I found this cool old bust 10c coin in the 9ct bezel there a couple years back. Its hard to see in the photos but the coin had a layer of what looks like gold plating at one time. That park still has some treasures for the taking but they are few and far between. A great place to go when you have no other spots lined up. I would only dig things that were at least 6 inches down or more. When I first started detecting that place would skunk me on old coins but after some years of experience and knowing my detector the finds started poppin up.

Attachments

• bustbc8_th.jpg
    bustbc8_th.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 160
  • bust1ob0.jpg
    bust1ob0.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 169

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice, I remember you telling me about this one. hope that is a recent picture and you didnt sell it ::) that place is only a stones throw from me, and I have been there a few times but never any old coins. I kept thinking where might Jim not have been, but to no avail. There are some areas of that park that are just loaded with signals, might be a good place to take a sniper coil. thanks for sharing bro, hope business is doing well for ya.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find Jim. Been there a couple times but my huge 12 in. coil gets about 20 signals at a time underneath it! D

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is one cool find. I think I hunted that place one time.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
postalgriff said:
very nice, I remember you telling me about this one. hope that is a recent picture and you didnt sell it ::) that place is only a stones throw from me, and I have been there a few times but never any old coins. I kept thinking where might Jim not have been, but to no avail. There are some areas of that park that are just loaded with signals, might be a good place to take a sniper coil. thanks for sharing bro, hope business is doing well for ya.

Nope, old pic. She be gone too. All I have left from all my finds are a few large cents some Indian heads from my last year detecting and silver from last year as well. I have jars of wheat pennies, sold of the key dates of course but for one 1909 VDB. Have a lot of my whatsits left and tokens. Plus I lost a lot of my pictures of all my past finds when my computer died. Hit that park, its still holdin. The place is mean to coins though. The indians I found there were toast. Tons of geese poop sinkin into the ground don't help.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find Jim. I've been there once myself but was a clad magnet that day :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread