You Jackson County folks know about Vandercook Lake Park...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2007
    Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

You Jackson County folks know about Vandercook Lake Park...

..has a great history. You also know it has been hit to death over the years and it is hard to eek out finds there. I found this cool old bust 10c coin in the 9ct bezel there a couple years back. Its hard to see in the photos but the coin had a layer of what looks like gold plating at one time. That park still has some treasures for the taking but they are few and far between. A great place to go when you have no other spots lined up. I would only dig things that were at least 6 inches down or more. When I first started detecting that place would skunk me on old coins but after some years of experience and knowing my detector the finds started poppin up.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ya never know until ya go.

us
    Aug 2008
    Southern Michigan
    Minelab SE
    578 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Re: You Jackson County folks know about Vandercook Lake Park...

very nice, I remember you telling me about this one. hope that is a recent picture and you didnt sell it that place is only a stones throw from me, and I have been there a few times but never any old coins. I kept thinking where might Jim not have been, but to no avail. There are some areas of that park that are just loaded with signals, might be a good place to take a sniper coil. thanks for sharing bro, hope business is doing well for ya.

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
    764 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

sweet find.
    Debby

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2676 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Awesome find Jim. Been there a couple times but my huge 12 in. coil gets about 20 signals at a time underneath it! D

Now that is one cool find. I think I hunted that place one time.
    "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure"
    Mark Twain

Jun 2007
    Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

Quote Originally Posted by postalgriff
    very nice, I remember you telling me about this one. hope that is a recent picture and you didnt sell it that place is only a stones throw from me, and I have been there a few times but never any old coins. I kept thinking where might Jim not have been, but to no avail. There are some areas of that park that are just loaded with signals, might be a good place to take a sniper coil. thanks for sharing bro, hope business is doing well for ya.
    Nope, old pic. She be gone too. All I have left from all my finds are a few large cents some Indian heads from my last year detecting and silver from last year as well. I have jars of wheat pennies, sold of the key dates of course but for one 1909 VDB. Have a lot of my whatsits left and tokens. Plus I lost a lot of my pictures of all my past finds when my computer died. Hit that park, its still holdin. The place is mean to coins though. The indians I found there were toast. Tons of geese poop sinkin into the ground don't help.
    Ya never know until ya go.

us
    May 2009
    Michigan
    Minelab Explorer SE
    542 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Sweet find Jim. I've been there once myself but was a clad magnet that day

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links