sweet Jackson 3-24 (no kids on this one) - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Aug 2008
    Southern Michigan
    Minelab SE
    598 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Re: sweet Jackson 3-24 (no kids on this one)

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganne
    Sweet digs PG. Have you figured out who is on the medalliaon yet? Don't you love how many keys you find?

HH
    I know I have a ton of keys, but only one skeleton key which is one of my favorite relics.
    also, very interesting about the medallion I was just reading about it...

The inscription you are talking about can be found on a Benedictine medal. The words are Latin for Eius in obitu nostro praesentia muniamur' meaning May we be strengthened by his presence in the hour of our death.

Usually on the medal you will find the letters 'C S S M L' and 'N D S M D' which are the initials of the Latin prayer that says Crux sacra sit mihi lux. Nunquam draco sit mihi dux. which translates to May the holy cross be my light, may the dragon never be my guide.

Above the cross you will see the word Pax meaning peace.

Surrounding these you usually find the letters 'S M Q L I V B' and 'V R S N S M V' which translates to the Latin Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana. Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas. meaning Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself.

thanks everyone for the nice comments, I love this hobby and recovering the historical things I feel is very rewarding to he soul. I've been thinking about putting together a display for the museum after this season. HH all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links