Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first spot I went to was an old park that got revamped a couple years ago and that's where I found the Mason's coin. The second spot I went to was on the way home I noticed a friend of mine out in his front yard so I stopped and showed him the Mason coin, then decided to do a little hunting across the street where there's an old defunct railroad bed and managed to find the Museum of Science and Industry token. The Masonic token was encrusted with a thick layer of rust because I think it was probably sandwiched between iron objects in an old ash pit but I managed to clean it up with peroxide and baking soda for stains. I am sure the Masonic coin is silver cause it cleaned up just like silver and it has that twang when you toss it on a wood surface.

Attachments

• Apr20.1.JPG
    Apr20.1.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Apr20.2.JPG
    Apr20.2.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 197

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds Giant, that silver mason token is a sweet find! :thumbsup: glad it cleaned up nice. What's the deal with the Museum of science token, I can't make sense of the letters and it they seem to overlap. nice couple of keepers there! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
postalgriff said:
cool finds Giant, that silver mason token is a sweet find! :thumbsup: glad it cleaned up nice. What's the deal with the Museum of science token, I can't make sense of the letters and it they seem to overlap. nice couple of keepers there! :icon_thumleft:
Griff I remember going to the museum when I was a kind and they had a machine there you could make these tokens on and the person who made it is probably the only one who could make sense of it, I tried but it didn't take long before I gave up.

DanMI

May 26, 2007
Wow, Giant, that Masonic coin is sweet!! I'd love to snag one of those. Nice token too. HH dan

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Couple nice keepers Giant, both cool! As for the token, is that the Chicago museum? I loved that place, went there when I was a kid. ffd

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds Giant. :icon_thumright: Cool coin and Museum token. The Museum of Science & Industry is still a fun place to visit. :thumbsup:

HH

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice couple of finds there :thumbsup:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching that masonic coin on the 'what is it' forum, pretty interesting, and great close up pics....but I don't think anyone has nailed it down yet. Hopefully someone will know exactly what that thing is, again sweet and unique find...some of that coin is hand engraved. :thumbsup:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds Giant!!
Never seen a coin or token like those before. WTG! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions