an unhunted spot of a hunted out park

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Hello everyone. I finely had a hunt worth posting. I went to a hunted out park that is full of tiresome pull tab holes. I saw big old tree that was back in the bushes and picker vines. I thought to myself this tree is old and the area is grown over. I was sure someone else had this same thought but, there was only one way to find out. I went in and came out full of burrs and picker scratches! I managed a few keepers and one throw away. ;D My 1st ever! Buffalo Nickel. 1936 1st one! :headbang: A 49 Canadian penny, 1950-S Rosey, and a 1919 Mercury dime! This is the best hunt I have had in a really long time. I'm still smiling. ;D Thanks for looking everyone.

Almost forgot. The throw away. I had a hungry little tick that tried to become my detecting buddy. I caught him on my sleeve. Thank god.

Attachments

• buff.jpg
    buff.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 381
  • buff2.jpg
    buff2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 371
  • canada.jpg
    canada.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 394
  • canada2.jpg
    canada2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 367
  • dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 427
  • dime2.jpg
    dime2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 1919merc.jpg
    1919merc.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 19192merc.jpg
    19192merc.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 364

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a great hunt congrats! you got some nice looking coins there....well done! :thumbsup:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver and your first Buff !! :icon_thumleft:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
And that is how to find what others have not. Well done. For me, if I come back with a tic, I usually did well. If I come back with poisen ivy, I at least gave it a good try.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey WTG!! That is a mighty fine hunt! Congrats! :icon_thumright: :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Congrats!
Great Hunt, and way to get off the beaten track!

Good Looking Buff. So many of them have the date worn right off, but yours in very clean!

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
x.marks

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
muleskinner said:
And that is how to find what others have not. Well done. For me, if I come back with a tic, I usually did well. If I come back with poisen ivy, I at least gave it a good try.

LOL ;D That's an interesting grading system you have. ;D True though. Have to hit those places most people dont want to go. Thanks for everyones replies. Happy hunting to everyone. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions