Got permission......

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
I was at the right place at the right time. I went to a civil war show this weekend. Long story short, I bumped into the owner of Walker Tavern. He plans on opening a restaurant and restore the tavern. He said he used a metal detector on his property looking for items to put in a shadow box for display. I told him I would love to help and would give 100% of what I found for his displays. He agreed to let me hunt but, said it has been hunted a lot and they did not recover anything. I only had about a half hour left so, I pulled my minelab out and did a quick hunt. He was right, this will be a challenge. A lot of iron, trash, and nails. A lot of falsing/ changing signals. I cant wait to get back out there. I know its been hit hard and has a lot of trash but, its gonn be fun! I am going to hunt slow and dig a lot. We met up and he gave me a tour of the old tavern. I was like a kid walking into a fair. This was a day I will not soon forget.

Attachments

• walkertav.jpg
    walkertav.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 236
  • walker2.jpg
    walker2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 238
  • tav9.jpg
    tav9.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 224
  • tav3.jpg
    tav3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 229
  • tav4.jpg
    tav4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 223
  • tav5.jpg
    tav5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 230
  • tav7.jpg
    tav7.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 236
  • tav6.jpg
    tav6.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
x.marks

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
civil war show.....

Attachments

• civil.jpg
    civil.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 226
  • civil2.jpg
    civil2.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 234
  • civil3.jpg
    civil3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 227
  • civil4.jpg
    civil4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 226
  • civil5.jpg
    civil5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 217
  • civil6.jpg
    civil6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 227
  • civil7.jpg
    civil7.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 224

rockstar912

Apr 6, 2010
Munith MI
Detector(s) used
DFX
that place is awesome have been by it many times as i dont live to far from there good luck hope you find some great things be sure to post pics :icon_thumleft:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pics X....good luck there, that place has a lot of history for sure. Those bottles were just laying out? looks like some oldies in there.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
postalgriff said:
great pics X....good luck there, that place has a lot of history for sure. Those bottles were just laying out? looks like some oldies in there.
I'm guessing that they were dug from that brick-lined privy, although they don't look too old.

OP
OP
x.marks

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Yes the bottles were in that privy. They were mostly from the 50's. He dug the foundation up for repairs and uncovered this. He did find some old stragglers from the 1800's as well. There were a couple old blues and browns. He is still looking for the 1800's privy. He thinks it may be under the parking lot. They have pretty much gutted the inside. The place has the original furnace as pictured, original bar, and stairwells.They did find a couple of seated dimes and half dimes in the walls along with a bottle. The stairs have to be ripped out as well because they are to narrow for code. I cant wait to see the place when he's done.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very good to me! Where was the CW show? I seen that same guy at the Jackson show last year.

OP
OP
x.marks

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Mike from MI said:
Looks very good to me! Where was the CW show? I seen that same guy at the Jackson show last year.
Hi Mike, the show was across the street. There is a state park that is part of the historic stage coach stop there. This is a historic protected site though. :( I said, hi I was wondering if you allow metal..... that's all I was able to get out. The reply was , " NO YOU CANT BRING THOSE METAL DETECTORS IN HERE! " This was one of my 1st stops and permission seeking experiences back when I first got my detector. ;D I guess they thought I was out of my mind. lol. :laughing9:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great spot. Good luck on future hunts there. Nice pics!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread