Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I'll MD until....

...I find a silver coin," I thought this morning as I headed for the secret site. I was on my own as Koleen was off MDing in the U.P (Yup, she's got the bug. :icon_pirat:) It was already nearing 10 a.m. since I had some chores to get done before leaving home. It was getting warm already! The first signal I dug was a wheatie which felt good. An hour and two wheats later, I was hot and thinking maybe my "dig until I get silver" idea wasn't so good. :P But shortly after, I got a good signal in a trashy area. I popped out the plug and saw a very light-colored token, most likely aluminum. I wanted to savor the find so I paused to have a drink of my now-warm water. Then a closer inspection showed the token to actually be a '41 silver quarter that I carefully rinsed off. Sweet! Now I could head home to cool off. :thumbsup: But I stayed a while longer hoping for more. I added another wheat and then got a good signal off into the planted field a bit. I dug a ring with a small chunk of chain attached. It is kind of different as it has a clear stone it. It's not fancy but I like it.....looks older. I can imagine some girl giving her boyfriend grief for losing it. :) And I've never seen a silver coin so pale....not sure what discolored it. :icon_scratch: The soil where I dug it is pretty sandy. Wheats for the day: '45 and three '50D's.

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Are sterling rings ever unmarked?

Attachments

• treasure 2010 254.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2010 254.jpgcomp.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 179
  • treasure 2010 252.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2010 252.jpgcomp.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 187
  • treasure 2010 250.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2010 250.jpgcomp.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 186

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "I'll MD until....

Awesome digs! Yes that looks like a silver ring to me. They certainly can be unmarked. Congrats.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Very nice hunt Anne, cool ring find!! That silver quarter has probably just oxidized and a little baking soda rub between the fingers would bring out the shine. ffd

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice silver,Congrats! :thumbsup:

I have one ring (found in 08') that is unmarked but I'm sure it's silver, just by
it's look. I have one ring from last year marked sterling but I'm sure its
not silver, based on how it looks.

Good luck,
HH.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You had an awesome hunt for sure Anne :thumbsup: Big congrats on the silver quarter and that definitely looks like a silver ring to me, I've got several rings that are silver and unmarked myself. Nice wheats too!!!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Anne!! Cool ring and big congrats on the silver quarter and wheats :icon_thumleft:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alright WTG Anne!! You set a goal and accomplished it very nicely. That silver ring looks great, a big congrats on your silver and wheats!! Good hunt! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread