Hey you Jackson folks, you ever read the "peaks at the past" article in the JCP?

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Hey you Jackson folks, you ever read the "peaks at the past" article in the JCP?

They are in Saturdays paper. Well yours truly will have a part in this weeks article. Cool!! I replied to their section of the article where they ask if we have any suggestions for an article. A couple weeks back I sent the writer an email along with a photo of the rare Jackson token I found and asked if she could possibly find out more about the druggist who ran the place.
Well, I just got off the phone with her and she was all geeked up about the story she came up with. I guess the owner is some how related to some famous murder back in the late 1800s. So there will be an article with my token and the story about the murder. Cool. She asked me what else I found at that place and I told her. She said there will be a photo of my store card token as well. I found it back in 2003. Here be the photo that will be in the paper Saturday. At least thats what she told me. Pretty cool huh?

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 247

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Hey you Jackson folks, you ever read the "peaks at the past" article in the JCP?

That's real cool Jim, I always read those articles, good reading if you like local history. Do you know which murder was mentioned? I know there was a famous one back then, read about it a couple times, anything to do with a wealthy family west of Jackson? Oh yeah, nice token! D

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Re: Hey you Jackson folks, you ever read the "peaks at the past" article in the JCP?

fistfulladirt said:
That's real cool Jim, I always read those articles, good reading if you like local history. Do you know which murder was mentioned? I know there was a famous one back then, read about it a couple times, anything to do with a wealthy family west of Jackson? Oh yeah, nice token! D

Yep, thats the one. Started with an L, the last name that is. Where are those barber dimes? I want to see em.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool! Nice find Jim! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Jim C. said:
fistfulladirt said:

Yep, thats the one. Started with an L, the last name that is. Where are those barber dimes? I want to see em.
You mean Barber half?

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used

fistfulladirt said:
Jim C. said:
fistfulladirt said:

You mean Barber half?

Oh, ya turd, ya nailed a barber half. Nice. I thought they were dimes. Lets see her.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yeah man... my wife saves all those articles for me cause she knows Im a history nu... and that is way cool Jim! way to be a cool part of the local history and getting that into the media! I'll be looking forward to seeing that for sure! Congrats on being right in there with that! :hello2:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's way cool Jim, big congrats :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, Jim, and that's a sweet token. :thumbsup:

HH

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

Congrats on the token! And a huge congrats on the article!

Could you post a link to their online version when it comes out, for those of us that aren't around there?

If they don't put it online maybe you could post it to this thread? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure there are others too.

Nicely done!

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used

mpostma said:
Congrats on the token! And a huge congrats on the article!

Could you post a link to their online version when it comes out, for those of us that aren't around there?

If they don't put it online maybe you could post it to this thread? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure there are others too.

Nicely done!

Good Luck,
Mark

I'll try Mark, thanks for the congrats.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That token is an awesome find Jim! :icon_thumleft:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro

Ya that's cool she's gonna do a story related to your find. That token is also totally cool. So keep us posted on what gets published.
I really meant it when I said that is one cool token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions