I gotta tell ya about the walking half find...

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
...ok, so I go door knocking at this old home that has one of those "been in the same family for over 100 years" consumer power signs. The lady says that she is not the owner and that he lives across the street. So I ask her if he gives me the ok would she mind if I detected there. She says no problem.
I get the ok and head back, park and get ready to detect and some fat slob guy comes out and starts acting all mad. Asking me, how long am I gonna take? I don't want you doing that. I told him that I had permission from the owner across the street and he starts saying, "He is not the owner, I rent here and I don't want you diggin up my yard." I told him that I don't hurt the property or nothing. He says, "thats not the point, just hurry up and get it done quick." What a butt face!! So I start detecting swingin quick and just hoping for big good signals. I look up and he is just standing there leaning against the window staring at me while I'm detecting. I think to myself, this aint worth it and was thinking I was gonna take off but then I think, hell with this dork and keep swingin. I hit the half and the indian was in the same hole. I put em in my pouch and leave. I just know there is more there but won't be finding any because of some jerk that had issues with his non owning rental stupidity. His wife gave me the ok, the owner of the property gave me the ok, and this jerk just wanted to be in charge. One of those kinda dorks. I found the mercs and other stuff at the Calhoun county fairgrounds. I usually get booted by old hag wives after getting permission from the husbands. This was the first time I was thwarted by a dude with pms.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just had to laugh when I read that Jim, at least you got a few goodies before you skeedattled! You probably did the right thing, would have drove me nuts to have that dude glaring at me the whole time. Lots of other spots to hit with less hassle. D

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim,

I would ask the owner to let you know when poop head moves out. People like that most likely won't last long there.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's too bad....sounds like a real charmer....any chance you could go back when hes not around?

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all that crap, sounds like you earned them finds! I've had a run in or two like that and usually don't stick around. Too many other places to feel more welcome. Great Silver score Jim. :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad story. I'm glad you found two keepers before you left. :violent1:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread