Mr Steve from Michigan..........

• Thread starter Mr. Steve from Mich.
  • Start date
M

Mr. Steve from Mich.

...I had to renew under a new name and e-mail address-Took my hard drive to the laundromat for a wash and tumble dry....turns out it was full of nit-wit ware...(Spyware)...anyway,got it beaten back into shape with the appropriate Norton up to date anti nit-wit protection,and had to re-register here...Just got back from vacation-went up cheboygan way-the weather was 80 and sunny every day until the last day when it stormed-Imagine;i was in neck-deep water;heard thunder and turned around-BLACK SKY and lightning coming at me-AND:ME OUT IN THE WATER WITH A STAINLESS-STEEL LONG-HANDLED SAND SCOOP!! I found a couple cheap silver rings;and LOTS of modern money-And,a 1952 Wheat penny,and a 1954 nickel...I am going tomorrow to a couple of state parks over Lapeer way-My wife wants me to go;to find her a ring...(I just LOVE her!!) ::) 8)

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Steve , Sounds like some good finds from Cheboygan....Good luck on your Lapeer hunt.....Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Steve, It's great when the lil woman chases you out of the house to find her a ring isn't it. No more chores or "honey doos."

Take Care,
Sandman

OP
OP
M

Mr. Steve from Mich.

well-went wet hunting,and...

Froze me arse off!! ???Found a little silver-cut glass pendant;a modern nickel,and a copper bell on a string...

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Steve,

Care to join me in the spring for a little hunt in Kingston? Have about 100 acres of old farmland. It had a house, cellar is all that is left, and a well. I am new to all this so thought you might like to do this property with me. I am getting an Ace ? 150 and a pinpointer. I'm an old fart (53) so I walk a little slow at times. Have no idea of the history behind this place. Will have all of that by spring.

Thanks for looking

Dennis

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
West of Van Dyke, South off M-46, By the Kingston Inn Bar.

Dennis

OP
OP
M

Mr. Steve from Mich.

:)Hey guy-I would LOVE to join you-I am on 3rd shift now,and it would have to be on the weekend,maybe Saturday...Let me know-Thanks,Mr.Steve

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am going up to Caro in a few weeks to purchase a platt map. Use to be alot of steel on this property but looks like the locals have stripped it all. they even took the ol' outhouse and stuck it in a tree for a blind. LOL

Dennis

OP
OP
M

Mr. Steve from Mich.

;DGood-hopefully,they got it all-On the History Channel today,Battlefield Detectives were at Custers Last Stand-They proved it actually was a massacre of troopers fleeing in mass-panic from the Indians that had them out-gunned 4-to-1.They also had a Springfield rifle that was supposedly used in the battle.Amazingly;they identified that rifle WAS involved in the battle by comparing cartridges they found on the battlefield with newly-fired cartridges out of the same gun by comparing firing-pin marks on both sets of cartridges-They also found out this very gun they had was used by the troopers by charting dropped cartridges;and then was used AGAINST THEM by the Indians in the same battle.They also showed an unfired;live cartridge that was recently found on Last Stand Battlefield.Those modern-day forensics experts sure know their stuff-they were involved in all of it.AMAZING-after 130 years;they can get at the REAL truth-There NEVER was a Last Stand-the indian historians called it"more like a buffalo stampede"the way the troopers were fleeing.So much for
Hollywood;wouldnt ya say??

OP
OP
M

Mr. Steve from Mich.

8)north of oakland County-in Sanilac County.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions