flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I went out I got permission to hit the yard across the street from the one I was hitting , told them I would be back this week sometime . I had just started and a guy walked up to me (Kevin) and said I could do his yard asked him which house was his and he pointed to one that I have had my eye on. The yard I was doing had a big dog that was barking and was afraid that he might wake the owners wife so figured I would hit the new one now and wait until later to come back to this one, plus this new place looked good:laughing7:. I was there about a hour and found 3 wheat pennies and some clad and junk, it wasn't long before the owner with the dog came home so I made plans with Kevin to come back, from what little time I was there I think it could be a good one. Went back and worked the first yard , I found a old hoe or axes head a little clad I was wishing I had stayed at Kevin yard after a couple of hours with nothing real good. then I found a old buckle maybe part to a harness. It was a warm day and had about enough and was working my way back to my truck when I got a good signal , turned out to be a 1963 rosie wasn't old sliver but still sliver so I called it a day. Here's some pics. The wheat dates are 1916, 1942, 1954 and I also found a scout badge. Thanks for looking and good hunting...

Attachments

• Hoe finds.jpg
    Hoe finds.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 68
  • 3 wheats 1916.jpg
    3 wheats 1916.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Back side 3 wheat 1916.jpg
    Back side 3 wheat 1916.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Dirty 63 sliver dime.jpg
    Dirty 63 sliver dime.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1953 sliver dime.PNG
    1953 sliver dime.PNG
    312 KB · Views: 64
  • Indian head scott badge.jpg
    Indian head scott badge.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 70

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That scout badge is totally awesome and in really good shape, don't think I have ever seen anything like it before if indeed a scout badge. The 1916 wheat is a very nice find and you found more silver than I have of late, nice digs all around. :icon_thumright:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice scout badge; anything on the back of it? WTG on the rosie.

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That scout badge is totally awesome and in really good shape, don't think I have ever seen anything like it before if indeed a scout badge. The 1916 wheat is a very nice find and you found more silver than I have of late, nice digs all around. :icon_thumright:
Thanks for looking and I have been having problems finding the sliver lately so it was nice seeing some sliver for a change, as far as the scout badge it could be military , I am going to have to look into it.

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scout badge; anything on the back of it? WTG on the rosie.
Nothing on the back, I was told it could be Military I am looking into it will let you know if I find any info, Thanks for looking....

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Rob it appears to be a DUI worn on the garrison cap or epaulettes

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the wheats and silver. :thumbsup: Neat scout badge!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread