Good day for a beginner family

naldarn

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I walked into a consignment shop, looking to recycle a computer. While I was there, I noticed they sold new fisher detectors. While interested, they were outside our price range. The computer taken care of, I looked around the rest of the shop. Someone was consigning an old fisher 1220-x detector for 35 bucks. The price was well within our budget, and purported to be a good machine.

Picked the daughter up from school, took her and the detector home and put her to work sweeping while I dug out any reports. So far on our 1930s property we have found melted aluminum, an 1800s axe head, nails and some junk.

Then the wife came home, and we went out after dinner and managed to dig up a horseshoe, tractor parts, and many more nails and junk.

Nothing valuable, but the whole family enjoyed the time together and look forward to doing it again.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Keep at it and the goodies will come! :icon_thumleft:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any thing that's fun for the whole family is a good thing keep at it and the finds will get better, Good Luck and Good Hunting...

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had fun. Good luck on any future hunts.

HH

OP
OP
N

naldarn

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course now the daughters asking when do we find the treasure . any hints in the midland-mount pleasant. area to find coin?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
of course now the daughters asking when do we find the treasure . any hints in the midland-mount pleasant. area to find coin?
A 1930's property should hold some old coins. The more junk you clear from the yard, the more the keepers become "unmasked"
Good luck in the search

OP
OP
N

naldarn

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been checking around a large tree out back, and found some wire, piece off some farm equipment, some broken China, and cut stones.

OP
OP
N

naldarn

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found our first coin, a 1973 penny. :icon_scratch:

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry naldarn, the silver and older coins will come. I am still working my daughter's elementary school that was once an 1800 farm where I have found a few wheats and a 1940 & 41 nickels but still no silver which is weird considering all the other coins found but eventually one will turn up. Good Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions