Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom went to the ER with extreme back pain on July 4th evening. The next day they did a CT scan only to find she had stage 4 cancer in her lung, liver, lymph nodes and spine. An MRI later showed cancer in the skull bones, lining around the brain and behind one eye. They told her if she did nothing she had a couple weeks, and if she started treatments they might be able to buy her 7 - 9 months.
She started treatments right away. 3 days of chemo before she left the hospital, then I took her from home for 2 days of radiation. They gave her the weekend off. She had a good weekend sitting at the picnic table laughing, drinking tea, and enjoying the family. Monday morning she could no longer drink, take her meds, and had trouble breathing. She went to the ER by ambulance where they started an IV and when she arrived they put her on a vent to help her breathe. The chemo killed her bad and good cells and the infection in her body had spread so fast there was no more they could do. She was gone 10 hours later surrounded by her 5 kids.
Went in for a bad back ache, and died 11 days later. I miss her so much. She was 67.
Here is her life story for those interested. Diane Marks - Vicksburg, MI : Jan 1st 1960 - Jul 16th 2012

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Mike,
So sorry to hear this. Been a while since I've posted on Tnet, just happened to take time tonight to see what was going on.

Last year I lost my Dad to lung cancer at 68. He fought for a over 3 years through surgeries, chemo and radiation before he lost his battle.
I had the opportunity to spend time with him and help take care of him at the end. Wish you had had the time with your mother to do the same.

Still think of my dad every day, and miss him so much. It's a little easier now, but it still hurts. Losing parents in their 60s is just way too young.

I'm a 7 year survivor of kidney cancer that's when I took up detecting. I slip on the headphones and start swinging and concentrating and for a little while I'm relaxed.

Wishing you the best. Hoping you find some peace.
Mark

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
I'm so very sorry for your lose. You and your family are in my Prayers. I lost my Brother-in-Law this past Feb. He Passed after a 9 month battle with Liver cancer.
Cancer eat him up alive, He went from 175lb. to 64lb in that time He was 54, Not a day goes by that he's not thought about and mourned He told me a week before he died, that he wished that he could just go to bed and not wake up. He fought the good fight, but to no end. God smiled on you and your family, You didn't have to watch what we did, And I pray no one would ever have to watch that and be helpless as we were. God Bless you and your family, Be thankfull that she suffered no more than she did, She hurts no more.....I hope the best for you and your family, God please grant this family peace and comfort them in their time of need.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about your loss Mike and my heart goes out to you and your family, cancer also got my mother as well back in 2007.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dear Mike and Family,

Hank and I are so sorry to read of the loss of your mother. Her biography is extraordinary, and it's so sad that she passed away so suddenly at the young age of 67 yrs. We can only imagine the heartache that you and your family are experiencing

Please know that Hank and I will remember your mom in our daily prayers. She is pain free now and enjoying eternal life enfolded in God's arms.

May God be with you and your family as you work through the sorrow and pain of loss.

With deepest sympathy,

Lorraine

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike - So sorry to hear of your loss. Our deepest sympaty is with you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike my thoughts are with you and your family, cancer took both my parents I know how hard it is , hang in there man...

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry about your loss thoughts and prayers are with you

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Very sorry to hear that Mike. Maybe it was better that it happened so fast. Im not sure I would want to find out about it and have it take forever to pass away. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, I was saddened by the news of the lose of your mom. Linda and I send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Cancer is tradgedy esspecially since it was discovered so late. Peace be with you.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Mike:
My heart goes out to you and your family. I also lost my Mom awhile back. She lived close by and had a knack for popping in unexpectedly, usually when I was busy, or at suppertime. We used to think it was kind of rude, but now, well let's just say we would welcome it. Will be praying for youall, gotta go I'm getting a little emotional.
God Bless

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mike. My ma went way to young too. Fought hard but cancer got to much. May not help now but those good times are yours to keep. We don,t forget! Thinking of your family with kind thoughts.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for your loss Mike, prayers and condolence from my family to yours,if the love and prayers sent from forum members have anything to do with it. your mum is looking down and smiling in good hands..........

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear that Mike and she was so young yet. Prayers go out to you and your family.

tsabeach

Oct 30, 2008
West MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, XTERRA 50
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Dang Mike! So sorry for your loss... Very heart-wrenching and tragic. The lord does strange things when he calls us home, hope your heart heals soon.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike I am so sorry to hear of you Mom passing. I lost my parents in 06 and 07 to cancer. I know your pain Mike, it never goes away but it will ease a little with time. Stay close to Family and Friends, it helps.
Thoughts and Prayers for you and your Family Mike.
Kevin

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so very sorry to hear about this Mike, cancer is such an awful thing. I'm sure she is with the Lord and you will be reunited one day. Hope and pray that your family finds peace during this time. Much love from Jackson...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Very sad to hear of you're mom's passing Mike. It's hard to lose a loved one, but she's waiting for you in heaven. Prayers and best wishes from FFD

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our condolences on the loss of your mom, Mike. Thanks for sharing her life story; she will definitely be missed by you all. Prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions