3 trips in the last week to an 1800s bar site

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all.

Been diggin an 1888 bar site that actually had a house on the site long before the bar was built. There's a grassy area out back maybe 50 ft wide x 75 ft long... I've hunted it in the past and found a few good coins but I stepped it up in the last week and pounded it with my ETrac with the 4.5x7 DD excelerator coil and my Deus with the 9 in coil. I had to dig a mountain of clad (as you can see) and a ton of trash (not shown) to find these few good coins but it's been well worth it! When I left tonight - there wasn't a good signal left in the place!

1920 British Large Penny, 1948 Washington, 1943 Merc. and an 1834 Large Cent all this week from the site (also a 1919 buffalo and approx. 20 wheat cents not shown).

Keep it swinging :headbang:

LW

barcoins 002.JPG
barcoins 001.JPG
lrg 001.JPG lrg 002.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done and congratulations!Great finds, that large cent would really be neat for Mi..:icon_thumright:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great site. Must have done your homework on that one. Great digs!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEE HAAAA!!! Great digs! WTG!!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great spot!! Big congrats on the Largies and Silvers!! :headbang:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a haul! A huge congrats on that largie and other digs, killer finds! Looks like a fun place to hunt! WTG!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very impressive, lonewolf. Nice finds for sure!!! I dream of locations like that......................................back to researching, I know there some in my area!! HH

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sites like that , that gets the blood flowing ! Congrats on the old fines way to go.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds congrats!

unimakpass

Sep 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic. Which detector are you liking the most, the Etrac or the Deus? Im new to all of this, in Nevada and have a Gold Bug Pro with the 5" coil and im really glad I started out with it for many different reasons. Considering getting a coin machine eventually and was looking at these two options. Also I saw a post where you had Garrett 2500 and found a GOLD COIN! Was wondering what you thought of that rig com-paired to these new machines. Have access to one with a 10x14 dd that doesnt have the upgrade. Any help would be great. At this point I might just get a 13 ultimate dd for the gold bug and keep working with it.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice digs. :icon_thumleft: Love the big British penny and the LC. Way to research. Keep digging!

HH

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bunch of great finds for you, my fellow MDing friend. I must say, I am jealous. Hope there's more to come.

Sluice Box

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic. Which detector are you liking the most, the Etrac or the Deus? Im new to all of this, in Nevada and have a Gold Bug Pro with the 5" coil and im really glad I started out with it for many different reasons. Considering getting a coin machine eventually and was looking at these two options. Also I saw a post where you had Garrett 2500 and found a GOLD COIN! Was wondering what you thought of that rig com-paired to these new machines. Have access to one with a 10x14 dd that doesnt have the upgrade. Any help would be great. At this point I might just get a 13 ultimate dd for the gold bug and keep working with it.

I like BOTH machines for different reasons unimakpass

it's not about which one is "better" because they both have strengths and weaknesses

The Gold Bug is a great machine too (I had one) and wouldn't hesitate to get another.

I had the 5 inch hockey puck, the 5x10" DD elliptical and the 13" ultimate coils for mine - you have all bases covered at that point :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread