Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok since it's the middle of winter here are some keepers I've found over the last couple of years walking in the hood delivering mail. These are all sidewalk, road or curbside finds. Yesterday I found the nice ring in melted snow but it is not my best find out there. ;) it is real tho and marked 18k. The shell casing I found on the sidewalk the day after a drive by shooting. There are several things I've found not pictured, including a handgun, drugs, and cash. Anyway, I always keep my eyes peeled bc ya just never know. HH, Griff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 99

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you get hazzard pay? Ya might wanna think about handing that shell casing to the Police?

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep in close contact with police regularly. There was one time where I was the only eye witness to a drive by shooting (not good) In this instance nobody was hit and they caught the guys. Hazard pay would have been nice this past week though with the storm. I have a 15 mile walking route and I delivered my whole route every day I worked including Monday when it was just me and one other guy. 45 City carriers did not even show up that day.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice eyeball finds, pg. :icon_thumleft: 15 miles a day must keep you in decent shape, I would bet. Be safe out there!

HH

ATPro2014

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2014
Maryland USA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO ALL TERRAIN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one mailman to another stay safe and good luck postalgriff:thumbsup:

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep in close contact with police regularly. There was one time where I was the only eye witness to a drive by shooting (not good) In this instance nobody was hit and they caught the guys. Hazard pay would have been nice this past week though with the storm. I have a 15 mile walking route and I delivered my whole route every day I worked including Monday when it was just me and one other guy. 45 City carriers did not even show up that day.

You are a living example of what the Postal Creed promises. Thank you. Sorry the service has been so badly hit with technology changes and poor management. You are living up to a proud history. Best wishes.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have it made a job that keeps you in shape , you get to find lots of good things and , you never know whats going to happen. Keep your head down Postalgriff:laughing7:.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the eyeball ring find bro!!! :headbang: Glad it turned out to be the real deal. Keep them eyes peeled and be safe out there man!! Congrats!!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find on the ring. cool finds. I am always looking while driving and get lots of tools. Also keep an eye out in parking lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread