Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy! Got out for a first hunt today at several parks with some friends from the SWMSS MDing club. Fun time and great weather for a change. We had a few areas still too frozen to dig but most areas were thawed. Best finds were a '53D wheatie, cub scout neckerchief slide, Matchbox, plus a dog whistle.(?) Not my best hunt but sure felt great to be out again. I had two pocket spills and those are always fun. Also broke in my new Pro 45 swing harness and decided I like it. Really takes the weight of the detector off your arm. Not sure how it will work in knee deep corn stubble, but for many sites it should be a big help. My swinging arm feels great tonight. :icon_thumleft:

Happy spring! :sunny:

HH,
Michiganne
P1290099 (1024x743).jpg P1290096 (1024x768).jpg

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting together again. Ya done good. Glad the harness is working for ya.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are getting out. I wonder how many of those neckerchief slides, get lost..............I have found my share!!

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the whistle. Glad you had the chance to get out!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long and hard winter , bet you enjoyed your day digging in the dirt , and a extra bonus of not having a sore Arm after the hunt , congrats!

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are getting out. I wonder how many of those neckerchief slides, get lost..............I have found my share!!

Thousands must get lost every year. I see lots of them posted....those poor scouts! :-\

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad u got out Anne! Nice finds - and have to try one of those swings myself, for the long hunts. Im an old teenager and could use one for the long hunts :coffee2:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad u got out Anne! Nice finds - and have to try one of those swings myself, for the long hunts. Im an old teenager and could use one for the long hunts

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds you got there Anne :thumbsup: I really like the dog whistle, I have only found one of those myself, it seems like you'd see more of them come out of the ground cause when I was a kid it seemed like everyone had one of those for their dogs ;D

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice! glad you all got out, sounds like fun. I might have to invest in a harness myself. HH

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice! glad you all got out, sounds like fun. I might have to invest in a harness myself. HH

Well Minelab is not giving theirs away for sure. But it received the best reviews of all I read and it seems well constructed and well designed.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Wheat and other doo dads Anne! Glad that harness is working good for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread