Got to old field...found 2 more old coins!!!

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Sorry for the delayed post. I actually returned to the same field as my previous post the very next day. First hunt was Monday, March 31. This 2nd hunt took place last Tuesday evening on April 1.

Anyway, I returned to the same field, but this time I hunted the part of the field that had the schoolhouse in it.

I found 2 more old coins, well actually they are tokens, but most likely circulated the same as pennies at the time due to severe coin shortages.

The first one I found was an 1864 Patriotic Civil War Token. It says "Our Army" on the back.

The second one I found was an 1844 Half Penny Bank Token from the Bank of Montreal, Canada.

The hunt time was an 1.75 hours.

Since I don't clean my coin finds, they don't look all that great.

However, I will also include pics from the internet of the same type of coins that look nicer so that you can see the details better.

1864 Patriotic Civil War Token
DSCN1588.JPG CWT 1864 Front.jpg

DSCN1589.JPG CWT 1864 Back.jpg

1844 Half Penny Bank Token

DSCN1592.JPG DSCN1594.JPG

Montreal BT 1844 Both.jpg

OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Hopefully the pics turn out okay. I think you can see the dates fairly well. Especially with having the better coins to compare to.

Hope to make it out to the other 2 sites tomorrow.

DH24

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic score on them two old tokens :thumbsup: The very first CW token that I ever found was the same one as yours but it's more toasted than yours ;D

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one short but productive hunt for sure two great finds , I bet that spot has so more hidden goodies, Congrats !

OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the replies.

Its 10:37 am right now on Sunday, hope to be detecting by 11am.

I'm going to hit the other site of the farmers land today. The 235 acre section where there were 2 different houses. Again, I believe these houses were gone by the 1920's, so any finds should be old. Problem is going to be locating the actual site as these ones will be much harder to find due to the fact that they are in the middle of larger plots of land.

However, I should have a lot more time to hunt today than normal since its Sunday (Funday) and its pretty darn nice out today.

I'll let you guys know how I fair.

CJ

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang killer man! my CW tokens are my most prized finds. A big congrats to you sir on a couple of nice oldies! Good luck out there today!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding digs!! I love the Civil War Token and that Bank token is super old and cool - WTG man!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokens are always cool...congrats.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice CW token and love the Canadian halfpenny token. :hello2: Good luck on your continued hunts there!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions