Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that must be some wicked soil! I bet electrolysis might clean them up. I will take crusty oldies over no oldies any day! Nice digs!

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Yeah. Great find on the seated quarter. Wonder how it ended up looking like that? What kind of conditions did you find it in? Street construction? Land? Water?

Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

DH24

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congrats on the Seated Quarter - and an old one at that!!!! I bet it'll clean up for ya. Man - that one is still in the wish list. Nice score on the Buff too. WTG

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take a seated any thing crusted or not , they just seem to alud me, congrats !

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, great hunt...sorry about the condition. That seated looks really nice under that crud tho, let us know if you clean it up how that goes...congrats on digging a seated quarter! On my wish list too!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coins! What kind of site were you hunting? Coins took a beating. WTG on the oldies!

HH

OP
OP
T

The Recovery Agents

Oct 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Vaquero Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. Great find on the seated quarter. Wonder how it ended up looking like that? What kind of conditions did you find it in? Street construction? Land? Water?

Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

I found the seated down through the sand into the clay level about 10ish inches in a grassy open field. The buffalo was found at an old home site just barley under the pine needle level in about 1/4 in dirt total 3in deep. It is rare to have clay until you get about 3-4 miles east of here so I guess the clay is possible the reason the seated looks uky, most of the coins I pull are 5-6 in under the pine needle level in sand. But some of the copper tokens I pull from the same grassy field have the same wicked corrosion as the seated. The buffalo was pulled near the Indians I showed, and the Indians are in great shape so I think the buffalo was not deep enough from the pine needles and that is what caused that issue.

OP
OP
T

The Recovery Agents

Oct 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Vaquero Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet coins! What kind of site were you hunting? Coins took a beating. WTG on the oldies!

The seated in clayish dirt in an open grassy field and the buffalo in pine needle sand at an old home site. I will be profecting my electro bubbly cleaning process on other coins till I get it perfect and will give the seated a dip. I hope it works!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread