Some good finds lately...sorry no Pictures.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Over the last week or so...

In the farm fields...I scored my first silver of the year, a 1951D Roosevelt Dime. Then followed that up Monday with another Patriotic Civil War Token, this one being from 1863. Other one was 1864.

Then, hit street construction on Monday evening and Tuesday evening.

Scored 3 Wheat Pennies the first night (Monday). 1917, 1945S, and an unknown wheatie.

On Tuesday, I did a bit better with a bigger coil.

Got 17 coins.

187? Shield Nickel...2nd Shield of the year, but its totally smoked.
1884 Liberty Nickel
1887 Indianhead Penny...also smoked
1910 Boy Scout Good Luck Medal. Has a huge Swastika on the back...must've been before the Swastika represented the Germany's Third Reich.
1933 Canadian Penny...also smoked.

Also got 8 Pennies, 3 dimes, 1 Quarter.

The only ones worth posting are the Liberty Nickel and the back of the Boy Scout Medal...front is smoked on that one too.

One thing I keep track of is Pre-1900 Coins...this year I have 12 so far, which is a heck of a good start for me.

Pretty crazy, normally you'd think if you had 12 coins that were pre-1900, you'd have more than 1 silver coin.

Happy Hunting,

DH24

Last edited:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going! The symbol on the BSA token is not a swastika. It is backwards from one. It was a good luck symbol and you are right it came out before the swastika.

OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Nice going! The symbol on the BSA token is not a swastika. It is backwards from one. It was a good luck symbol and you are right it came out before the swastika.

Oh, well good to know that then.

I guess I've only seen the one associated with Hitler's Germany.

Interesting, because I assume that the backwards swastika quit being used as a good luck symbol perhaps because it was confusing...or at least at a quick glance. Maybe that's why its not so common now.

When I first dug it...I was thinking maybe it was a WWII era German Coin.

Very interesting though Mike, thanks for sharing.

Chuck

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are off to a great start!! Congrats on all the oldies - especially the CW token. Love to see a pic of that one. WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread