RELIC AND COIN HUNTING ON THE FARM ;-)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

took the CTX and Deus out for a farm hunt last week,

I spent a few hrs on a new site 2 evenings in a row for about 2.5 hrs each night and found some goodies :-)

Not showing the pile of junk this time - just the good stuff - too lazy to take and edit the extra pictures and all!

This site (an 1850s site) is next to an existing 1920s farm house currently empty so I found a mix of stuff from all eras (1850s ~~ 1920s or so).

The large coin like object has a date of 1853 but whatever it was is corroded so bad that there's no hope for it!

Found a fatty 1863, a 1883, 1892, 1901, 1907 and 1908 (no S mark!!) Indians

A cool .50 cent bank token of sorts and the prized coin this hunt is the 1876 CC quarter dug out of a hole WITH a square nail laying rgt on top of it! Bad thing is though that it looks to have been hit by a plow at some point in time as evidenced by the scratch/gouge on the back :-( but I'll take it anyway! lol

A silver thimble (marked sterling) and a locket back engraved with CW period looking engraving.

2 crotal bells (one's broken and the other is in working cond.)

A silver plated spoon, iron buckle, lantern parts, etc. etc.

It's now time to focus on water hunting for the summer with my newly purchased Whites Surfmaster II I got from a guy out in NH for a steal (been looking for 1.5 yrs for one)!

Sent it to a buddy for modding and he switched out a couple resistors in it to make it even hotter on tiny gold than they're already known for and it also gave it an added 3" of depth -- it's one HOT running machine now!!

Anyway - pictures tell the story :headbang:

HH all

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! Glad to see that CC coin. Hard to come by.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt!!! epic quarter, too bad on the toasty, maybe a 2 cent piece?

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man lonewolfe that quater is a great find hard to come by , can't wait until that day happens to me , nice finds and keep it up !

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds man. Love the Seated quarter and those green Indians!! :headbang: Not sure what the big crusty one is. Pretty wild that about the only thing legible is the date. Congrats on some nice coins and relics and good luck on your water hunts!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds man. Love the Seated quarter and those green Indians!! :headbang: Not sure what the big crusty one is. Pretty wild that about the only thing legible is the date. Congrats on some nice coins and relics and good luck on your water hunts!

There are a few letters on the piece too Brent but I can't make them out/form any words from them --- there just isn't enough of them to figure out what it says :-(

Sure wish it woulda came out identifiable - I think it may be a medal or medallion of some sort

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a few pics of the 1853 object and put it on the What is it forum. It is surprising how good some of the T-netters are at solving these mysteries with little to go on. Great batch of finds you got there.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude you are tearing it up out there! What a bunch of killer finds you got! Congrats big time on that seated quarter! the small tribe of indians, tokens, relics all great stuff man! WTG! :occasion14:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt,the quarter is in such good shape.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs, lonewolfe. :thumbsup: Congrats on the sweet old coins and nice relics. Like the thimble. Did you ever post the 1853 object on the What Is It? forum to see if anyone could help you ID it? Keep digging!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread